Car warranties who is best and where to get one

Page 2 / 2
cubasesx, Apr 29, 9:43am
I'll have to take your word for it, however our most recent attempt at a claim (ac fans on a Peugeot) was stymied when they requested a copy of the last trans service. dislike their online system also, when I can put thru a claim and get approval in minutes from Autosure/Provident.

kazbanz, Apr 29, 8:38pm
so can you answer the statement of FACT from someone actually dealing with them?
What a load of rubbish have got a dsg a part at the moment. Worn syrco
and autosure are replacing all of them plus a clutch assemble, all wear issues. Had one a while ago with a shudder and they replaced the clutch with no issues,

mopsy3, Apr 30, 3:29am
LOL, I suppose there will always be a difficult one but overall they have improved greatly. Agree about their online system and sometimes resort to direct emails instead.
Just did a claim with Autosure 5 minutes ago, and yes, took all of 2 minutes to get approval.

kazbanz, Apr 30, 3:38am
I read this quickly before and thought fairy nuff. But then reread. Seriously they wanted to see proof of transmission service to payout on a blown fan?
Now if you said they asked for confirmation that servicing was up to date I'd get the point.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 3:39am
So they found a warranty policy that covers wear items?

Good for them, it's of no help to the OP as they still have a factory warranty on their transmission, might help someone else though.

If you wanted to help the OP, since you are "in the industry" perhaps you could use your knowledge to point out exactly which policy covers these things. Even better, why not price up such a policy and come back with the figures and conditions so we can have a sensible adult discussion about it. If the policy is any good you have nothing to lose.

That would likely be far more helpful than doing a silly dance because there appears to be an exception to something I said. Or pretending that I should underwrite everyone for free because I tell them to read the documents and consider whether it's worthwhile. I mean, come on, you are not 10 years old and you are supposed to be a business professional. Why not act like one?

This sort of personal tit for tat nastiness does no one any favours, it just reflects badly on you and your business while being unhelpful to the OP and discouraging others from posting.

I am here sharing what I have learned and giving my advice for free, I have Zero vested interest and stand to gain nothing from the experience other than the satisfaction of helping someone. I don't deserve to be treated like this, certainly not unless you are prepared to take as good as you give.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 3:53am
This is what many/most insurance companies try to do, they look for any way to avoid paying out before parting with their cash. Since apparently you have to "work in the industry" before you are allowed to post information on here, I can tell you that in my time in finance and insurance I saw a lot of this go on. That being rejecting a claim on an absurd technicality. That and just making stuff up or rejecting a claim for no real reason then waiting to see if the customer is savy enough to call them out on it.

Same thing happens a LOT with the CGA (you even see it on here in writing all the time). We even now accept this absurd nonsense from our Police.

The only thing that will stop it is if we all stand up and say NO we don't want to live in a society where they elderly and otherwise weaker members get ripped off through this sort of nonsense.

kazbanz, Apr 30, 3:57am
No jazz as Ive been saying for a very VERY long time you are wrong. and Autosure do pay out. That is not an exception but in fact the RULE.
You have been caught out ion yet another of you blatant lies whilst having your rants.
Get the point Im pissed off?
Why? because innocent people read your "good advice" and it costs THEM not you.
THIS reaction is your standard modus operandi when you get caught out.
--I notice you haven't yet replied to the post by the professional.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 30, 4:03am
I have no intention of replying to anyone who starts a post with "what a load of rubbish". Besides I covered the issue above.

Telling people to read their policy, weigh up the costs carefully and consider what would actually be covered, the likelyhood of those items failing and the actual cost of repair vs the cost of the warranty is good sensible advice. I stand by it and will repeat it again where appropriate.

If you can't see the logic in such advice, I am sorry I can't help you. By all means continue to disagree, but please stop with the nasty personal insults. It's rude, and achieves nothing but making you look bad in front of potential customers.

As above I don't deserve the repeated attempts at character assassination just because I don't agree with you over something.

cubasesx, Apr 30, 6:42am
Correct. They wanted a copy of the trans service to pay out on what was an electrical issue. Nucking futs! We have a very good relationship with both Autosure and Provident and if we ring with the costs and time they often approve instantly. No messing around sending emails back and forth like Janssens while they try and weasel their way out of approving anything! In fact, I don't think we've ever had a claim declined through the other two.

tamarillo, May 1, 9:53pm
1 or 2 don't make a statistic.

luke041, May 1, 10:14pm
I have been running my workshop just coming up 20yrs and deal with these insurance companys 2 or 3 times a week, I could count on one hand how many times they have said no to a claim and there have been alot of jobs where and they should of said no but didn't.

mopsy3, May 1, 10:30pm
Agreed. Sometimes they can be difficult but a turn down is pretty rare. Unless of course the owner hasn't stuck to the agreed maintenance time frames.

kazbanz, May 1, 10:36pm
MMM Im kinda torn in this situation mon.
On the surface it seems stupid I agree.
This case seems fairly clear cut.
But the line needs to be somewhere.
Allowing the customer DID NOT have the car serviced and they paid out.
Next issue might be engine or transmission.
Same customer still not serviced the vehicle and precedent is set.

cubasesx, May 2, 10:04am
Not sure I follow. The vehicle had been serviced. Not the trans. The issue wasn't trans related. If it had been, then fair cop.
On the flip side we have an Avensis in right now with a blown head. Customer had owned it for 1 month prior. Provident approved repair. Just like that. No dramas, no back and forth bs.
Had an acquaintance in this week for a service. Turns out they have a Janssen warranty. We recommended a trans service ;) (fluid burnt anyway, better cover all bases).

kazbanz, Feb 15, 8:55pm
Sorry mon Cutting to the chase.In order for a MBI to remain valid it needs to have all servicing up to date.
--hey actually yopu know what--stuff it -I don't/won't use them because autosure are so much better.