Car interior painting

morrisman1, Jul 15, 7:14am
Track car, I just want to spray some black paint around to make it all the same and paint the cage. Obviously paint prep inside a car is tricky, whats an efficicient way of prepping the surface so the paint sticks. I dont care about the appearance as long as it sticks. Im working with a 2k nason black and will be a 2k high build primer

gunhand, Jul 15, 7:42am
Whats the current state of the interior, Already painted or bare steal?

morrisman1, Jul 15, 7:48am
bare steel roll cage, stock paint on most the inside and some spray bomb black on the floor where the the underseal was removed.

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11741133_10206719296238046_4591606433604394519_o.jpg

gunhand, Feb 5, 8:20am
Unless there is a stick to everything (not prepped) primer out there you will have to prep it somehow. There really is no easy way if you don't want to spend money having it sandblasted to a nice clean wet on wet paintable surface. Heres what I do in this kind of hard to get at situation.
Sand as much by hand, machine etc as I can then I use worn out sand through a small sandblaster, one of those cheap red things. Surprisingly it leaves a nice smooth dull surface ready to either prime, wet on wet, or top coat.
I have used this method on plastic bumpers (with all their annoying corners and shapes) hard to get at hinges and all manner of painful areas. Never had an issue yet and saves a lot of time scratching away with pads and sandpaper. The only downfall for what you are doing is getting all the bloody sand out once done.