Seat belts 4 corolla

69steel, Sep 19, 8:27pm
hi ever body i have 96 ee103 and it needs a seat belt 4 a wof. My mate has ee100 are they the same seat belt anyone know

kazbanz, Sep 19, 8:36pm
I wouldn't have the foggiest idea if they are the same or not.
look at the buckle of both -there is a number on it. and the shape will be the same or different. That's the easy way to tell.
A COMPLETE swap of the entire belt from retractor to buckle MIGHT be possible if the retractor is mounted the same place and angle.
Basicly you eyball both and you can tell right away if it will or won't swap.
I do apologise if this seems harsh but the cost of getting it wrong with a seatbelt is pretty major. You really need someone who knows what they are doing to look at it.

bjmh, Sep 19, 9:34pm
Repco . new $173 for a front belt. $85 for the buckle. that's how I'd do it. your life is worth more than a second hand belt.

poppy62, Sep 19, 9:48pm
Within a very short space of time that $257.00 belt is 2nd hand too! Most on here would have no idea how strong a seat belt is and I doubt anybody has ever seen a seat belt break. I actually used to pick up cars (big V8 jobs) by the seat belts never had one break. More likely to tear out the metal around the anchor points then rip a belt.

kazbanz, Sep 19, 11:47pm
Still the same original problem though.--id rather have a frayed edge second hand belt fitted properly than a brand new belt that hasn't been.

bjmh, Sep 20, 1:32am
Your frayed edge belt can be fitted with gold plated bolts,but if the belt is frayed he still won't pass his wof,i agree they ALL need to be fitted properly.

kazbanz, Sep 20, 1:46am
Dude--not worried about WOF -im worried about safety.
Im seeing a scenario where someones driving with a belt niot fitted ptropperly

ema1, Sep 20, 6:49am
I get more concerned at clowns who FAIL to wear seat belts believe me there are enough of them.

nenovs, Sep 20, 5:34pm
whu not get brand new aftermarket one for wof?

kazbanz, May 30, 9:06am
I can bet your bottom dollar it won't be the OP who is wearing the belt -it will be some innocent