New Drink driving advert.

4treacy, May 8, 11:11pm
Can someone please tell me how the police can read the rights to someone when all they are getting is an infringement? Nice how this government is using the new drink driving laws for the purposes of research when all necessary research has been done and just lowering the drink drive limit would have sufficed. If they really cared about our safety they would have lowered the drinking limit completely,
not to mention this took 4 years to go through the house. Crazy.

bumfacingdown, May 8, 11:14pm
"Nice how this government is using the new drink driving laws for the purposes of research"
Where did you get that from

patxyz, May 8, 11:15pm
Because the woman is being detained for an evidential breath test.

tintop, May 8, 11:21pm
Is that not normal ?

It strikes me that after a screening test - the next step is an evidential test?

saxman99, May 8, 11:26pm
In any case your Miranda rights are applicable at all times.

intrade, May 8, 11:27pm
in this country its all about savety when you pay them plenty of money then your save , since drinking is not allowed they should not even allow to sell any alcoholic drinks anywhere. but hey NO! how could we then make money from fines no, no we cant have that we cant cut off the revenue streams we just created . after all fines save your lives and giving all your money to the government keeps you save now dont it?
we must keep the temptations near by to see if we can trick you in to doing something not save!

intrade, May 8, 11:37pm
you know you can edit your message 15 minutes when you typed something wrong i advise to whatch the video i posted from swiss police that is a good video and how it should be done adressing real problems the right way.

4treacy, May 8, 11:43pm
Why do I have to edit my message and could you please repost your video as I have not seen it.

4treacy, May 8, 11:49pm
bumfacingdown wrote:
"Nice how this government is using the new drink driving laws for the purposes of research"
Where did you get that from[/quote
This is a portion of the bill presented to parliament by Steven Joyce and these are his comments "Land Transport (Safety and Other Matters) Amendment Bill.
In regard to the adult drink-drive limit, this bill legislates for changes to allow us to carry out research to determine the actual level of harm caused by drivers with blood-alcohol levels between 0.05 and 0.08

and this is what Labour had to say about it.
If their only other argument is that there is not enough research, I tell them that 300 studies clearly show the effect that alcohol has on drivers. If members do not want to read the 300 reports, that is fair enough; they can go to just this short little report of 22 pages, which the Ministry of Transport prepared for Steven Joyce.

bumfacingdown, May 8, 11:57pm
Any other reasons given or just that one, or was that a comment from Joyce?
Just trying to get context here

4treacy, May 9, 12:03am

twink19, May 9, 6:14am
is that the new ad where the woman gets pulled over and they get a taxi home ? if it is, how many people in the back, 3 or 4, did the children need or have car seats ?

tintop, May 9, 7:58am
Too many pages of fine print.
Do you have a two line précis ?

bumfacingdown, May 9, 7:26pm
And the studies that supply the answers to "In regard to the adult drink-drive limit, this bill legislates for changes to allow us to carry out research to determine the actual level of harm caused by drivers with blood-alcohol levels between 0.05 and 0.08" are found where?

mainlander05, May 9, 8:36pm
Well I can't stand the grinning idiot passenger.totally over the top with the top lip bearing teeth.switches me right off.
And I don't drink so advert doesn't apply to me anyways.
Anything the govt can do to save lives is OK by me tho.

alfred011, May 10, 9:21am
The people who drink and drive wouldn't give a shit about the crap adds on Tv the chances of being caught are not a deterent to them when you read in the news paper someone is on their 9th time.

petal_91, Feb 4, 12:40pm
Taxis and other forms of public transport have an exemption to the carseat requirement.