Honda CB 1300 Clutch

goldstar1, Sep 8, 3:29pm
Does anyone have any tips on how to bleed the clutch on my CB 1300S Bike? If it's a mission, I might have to take it to the dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

neell, Sep 8, 4:17pm
Google and YouTube are your friends

tamarillo, Sep 8, 6:00pm
x1
Is there a nipple next to where the fluid line goes into engine casing? Should be.

bwg11, Sep 8, 8:49pm
You may have to vacuum bleed it. Google will probably show you how.

richynuts, Sep 8, 10:33pm
remove the slave cylinder from engine, then use a 'g' clamp and clamp the piston in the housing just enough to stop it from being pushed out when you start bleeding the clutch.

yz490, Sep 9, 1:14am
Curious as to what led up to this question. Are you having clutch issues, or a soggy pull [i'll rephrase that bit] is it soft to pull, oh never mind. All i ever do it crack the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder & use a clear plastic hose going up a few inches or more then over into a bottle. Just keep topping it up in reservoir up top & keep pumping. Shouldn't take much until you see new clean fluid appear down below then if happy just nip up the bleed nipple mid stroke of the lever & guaranteed to be good as you'll get it. Don't be fooled by some tiny little bubbled in the line as can get a small amount past the thread in the bleed nipple if undone more than necessary. On the other hand if the system is dry & reluctant to start pumping [although gravity should get it started anyway]--i've hooked a 'clean' oil can on the clear tube & pumped it up to the top from the bleed nipple then start the normal bleed process by lever. Ok my methods probably sound dodgy but needs must when you don't have the fancy gear & realy it should be an easy bleed job [compared to my Lada Niva with double bloody everything but same principles worked for bleeding & came up solid]. One more thing, if it just won't bleed then maybe the seals in master [lever] cylinder are swollen & not uncovering the hole up top & i've had that happen. If it won't pump [clean oil can] fluid back up from the bottom then that could be the case. And just by chance i have a master cylinder kit in my listing Listing #: 1413736939 so i google the part number & looks like CBR1000 & others but not sure if yours is different. Also, i suppose the seal in the slave cylinder could swell over time like a brake caliper seal & cause the piston to be too tight. Should still bleed up the same but might not free the clutch 100%--unlikely though & talking older bikes. Good luck.

desmodave, Sep 9, 10:55am
Make sure you wash any spillt fluid off your bike quickly . Watching a video on youtube will be quicker than i can write on here . Others have made suggestions , it is normally a very quick simple job .

goldstar1, Sep 9, 10:57am
Thanks for your thoughts everyone. You've been very helpful. I'll give it a go!

yz490, Sep 29, 4:45pm
goldstar1--do you have a DBD32/34 [bsa] by any chance. Now up sitting up & taking notice lol.