Car Wipers

tiny15, Sep 22, 11:07pm
I would get a new switch

snoopy221, Sep 22, 11:11pm
Mechanic. old skool-not machanic. LOL
Ya First post
Or (Preferred) Decent reputable auto electrician with enough knowledge of wiper faults and computer scans that come clear on minut den nek minut fault den nek minute.
Damn bad connections--battery earth-body earth come to mind INSTANTLY
From your description

K -Hope This Helps

intrade, Sep 23, 8:18am
i would look if you have water in your fuse box . the discription matches corosive malfunction of a fusebox could be from water windscreen or wiring loom thru the firewall in to the fuse box . etc.

Also there is no such thing as a glitch with check engine lights.
That therm is used by cluesless morons.

intrade, Sep 23, 8:19am
not in the car in the back of the fusebox where wiper and abs are fused
use the 300$ flashlight so you can see what your doing
Poster 7 also has good points to check . you find a fault by testing whats still good to narrow down whats bad.
its not a 1912 model T where you fixed everything with 3 guesses .

skatz1, Sep 19, 9:02am
On Saturday my front windscreen wipers stopped working . Sunday afternoon I took it out to a machanic and while driving along my car check engine light came on and my wipers started to work . Got to the mechanic about 20 mins later turned car off then back on and engine light has gone and wipers were working . Mechanic tested car for faults and it came up with something to do with ABS . Turned car on and off again and tested again and it came up with no faults so I drove off thinking it was just a glitch and it had sorted itself out until this morning when I turned on car and cleared windows and about 5 mins later went to clear window again and they have decided to stop working again :( has anyone experienced this before or have any idea what it could be ? Electrical , wiper motor or could this be the combo switch ? ( indicators and rear wiper work fine ) help !

gsimpson, Sep 19, 9:06am
The diagnostic procedure will vary a lot depending on whether the car is 5 years old or 50 years old.
These devices require a chain of events to make them work. It only needs one link to break for them to stop.

skatz1, Sep 19, 9:21am
It's a 2004 Mazda Axela. What do you suggest I do ? Take to auto electrician or back to mechanic ? I have to travel to Auckland next week so would prefer to have wipers haha 🙂

budgel, Sep 19, 9:28am
An auto electrician will have a firmer grasp of sorting those sorts of problems than a mechanic. Because of the intermittent nature of the problems it may still take a while to track the cause down.
Has there been any water leakage inside the car? It could be something as simple as poor/corroded connections causing bad earths.

skatz1, Jan 11, 4:01pm
No water in the car that I have noticed