ChCh Car inspection service

jono2912, Jul 13, 11:12am
Hi guys, would anyone have a recommendation for a car inspection service in Christchurch? I'm planning on traveling from Timaru to look at a car (2005 Nissan Presage, 2488cc 4spd auto) and I'd like someone who has more knowledge than me to take a look. Any suggestions?

sw20, Jul 13, 1:38pm
Car Inspection Services. They can pick up the car and have it checked over then return it to the seller.

When I sold a car recently the buyer had them pick up the car from me at work on the way to the workshop and then returned it at the end of the day, no fuss at all for me.

cute_1, Jul 14, 6:25pm
You can use the AA. They do a pre purchase inspection and email you a detailed report on the car. Cost round $180. I used them when I bought a car from Christchurch.

jono2912, Jul 27, 10:09pm
Update: Ended up using Kick the Tyres twice for $139.

Found they were really good, ended up not buying either of the cars though!

supern0va, Jul 28, 6:52pm
AA would have to be the worst!

milkath, Jul 29, 9:01am
AA was not allowed to take the cover off of the top or bottom of the engine. It costs $185. And it did not check the engine. They went on about an oil leak when it was most likely where the oil change in the system had been bleed out for flushing. No oil on the ground where it was stored. This was a diesel. Plus the car was rubbished over it's cleanliness. It was clean it was not buffed but it was clean. I was the buyer and thought if they rubbished all that then the other things they rubbished was it really bad. Went on about the brakes when they were better than any car at turners for the same age or mileage for wear on the disks. It was a waste of money in my opinion.

milkath, Jul 29, 9:05am
Bring it to a mechanic, they will tell you for a lot less I sure.

sw20, Nov 10, 11:07am
AA vehicle inspections are great for checking if you have a stain on your upholstery and for putting buyers off perfectly good cars.