Buying a Accord Tourer

bazfan, Nov 2, 6:20pm
Hi Guys,

Thinking about getting one to use as a daily driver. I know they are fairly reliable and there is some difference in NZ New vs Import namely the NAV screen but I think the 2010 Nav systems are fairly outdated vs a iphone now anyway so overall not a big advantage to have NZ New,

How much would one expect to pay for a Tourer. It's not a bad looking car but they are getting old now and not a lot of demand is what Honda NZ told me as people moving to SUVs like HRV and CRV which is why they discontinued the Tourer. I see private sales listed for $13-$14k whereas imports are $11-$14k from a dealer. They seem to have a similar level of spec between imports and NZ New.

What's a realistic price for one of these?

Thanks
Baz

tamarillo, Dec 9, 3:46pm
NZ one will be in high spec with the 2.4 motor which you do want. Some imports low spec with 2 litre you don't want.
$15,000 can get good 2008 NZ new one with history, high spec, etc. seen cheaper and Honda dealers will want more, sometimes lots more. Great cars.
When did Honda discount them? Honda don't usually do that at all. NZ new ones were always a bit premium with high spec and no fleet models.