Car parts in NZ, made of gold ?

Page 2 / 3
bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 11:55am
Critical think the statement.
According to some posters on here it is not intuitive, so they will need training.
They work full time already.
No one is offering to pay for further training.
Therefore, they have a legit reason in that they would need further training.
So,how to get around that, what needs to happen?

thejazzpianoma, Oct 9, 12:19pm
I agree, where is the passion?

If I wasn't up to my eyeballs right now I would be tempted to suggest we seek some funding and start a lobby group. Should you be interested in the new year I would likely be keen.

Also, if you haven't come across him before, be wary of bumfacingdown. He lures you in with a reasonable sounding argument/attitude and then tends to just dissolve in to trolling. So may not be worth the effort responding.

serf407, Oct 9, 12:33pm
Many are going to turn into special needs.
https://thinkprogress.org/exclusive-elevated-co2-levels-directly-affect-human-cognition-new-harvard-study-shows-2748e7378941/ A number of NZ lobby groups already exist, you might search to see if any already are carrying out what you seek but just need a bit more backbone etc.
http://www.nzethics.com/

gph1961, Oct 9, 12:59pm
you don't understand
its all a health and safety issue
if you start thinking you may hurt yourself!
(bazinga)

tegretol, Oct 9, 1:06pm
Yep, have already figured BFD's MO.

Might well be interested in an increased level of lobbying, I may be in a position to effect some 'connection' depending on who is governing but it's been one of my missions for the last few years to get some traction on this subject.

tegretol, Oct 9, 1:12pm
I suspect that the CO2 claims relate to levels of toxicity and not those found in the average poorly-ventilated house!

Does it require further 'research' to support the argument that "Critical Thinking will benefit all age groups"?

Isn't this more of a philosophical debate based upon how the older generation were taught to think compared with how todays generation are taught to think and their relative performances?

mrfxit, Oct 9, 1:28pm
As soon as theres an accident that involves the police/ambulance etc, the brown stuff will flow fairly fast.

We have a yard like that in Hamilton, dirt floor, scrap & wrecks stacked up 4 meters high in the same shed they used for stripping cars, 1 entry/ exit.
Bodys stacked 3 to 4 high outside.
It's the only yard like it now.

elect70, Oct 9, 2:47pm
Or the new car motor industry lobying to protectt its own overpriced parts distribution & or discourage repairs at all . $495 for used mirror & only $5 less than new is nothing short of gouging .

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 2:58pm
The question was asked
"So,how to get around that, what needs to happen?"
No one has attempted to answer that question, one snide comment about me directed to another poster who claimed "Yep, have already figured BFD's MO." but no answer.
To hard perhaps, don't know where to apart from message boards perhaps, all yap and no action perhaps, the reasons are endless.
Anyone up for telling us what the next move is, realistically.
To the snide comment ,maker, you wonder why people give up and don't discuss things with you when that is your best effort at engaging someone else, most people, with a bit of critical thinking, can see why you have trouble.

poppy62, Oct 9, 3:22pm
"Fools and their money are soon parted".

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 3:26pm
Not sure does the gouging, maybe they follow each other.
A few years back I was after a Honda part, was quoted the price from a wreckers, had to pass the dealership and popped in on the off chance. Yep, part cheaper brand new

tsjcf, Oct 9, 5:04pm
You could do the course and start doing your own tags.

tegretol, Oct 9, 6:09pm
So how do you suggest that Critical Thinking be introduced into schools at a relatively young age? How do you think that the teachers could be convinced to learn the concepts themselves and pass them on to the kids?

toenail, Oct 9, 6:10pm
Because it's all just an insurance scam. Why sell parts for cheap when you can sell it for much more when insurance will pay for it either way.

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 6:20pm
Considering that is someone elses idea why did you not ask them?
I agree no matter what way you do it, more training and more funding will be your main stumbling blocks.
What are your ideas to your own questions, as you also suggested it

lookoutas, Oct 9, 6:33pm
That's pretty much right too. In a case like a mirror for an insurance job, we are better off getting a 15% mark-up on $500 than the $250 it should be worth.
If they stopped screwing us, we might give a shit. But Insurance Co's seem to accept their prices coz that's how they insist we do it.
It's not unusual for Panel Quote prices to have second hand parts not much better than new. Some Co's drop their prices to get the job, and ramp up the shipping. The dopey arse-sessors don't seem to have the brains to see this.

Another gripe. We needed a hubcap for our workshop run-about, so put it out on Parts Trader. Twice -and got no answers.
I was in Palmy for a week, so called at one of the wreckers who I had been told had wrecked a few of the model we wanted.
Sure enough, they had one.
I asked why they hadn't replied to Parts Trader, and they said "Aw - sometimes it's not worth the hassle."
If it hadn't been for the fact that I wanted it, I would've told them to stick it up their arse.
They did get the general idea after I'd paid for it and had it tucked under my arm.

tegretol, Oct 9, 8:18pm
I can see why the Jazz Piano Man mentioned your trolling habits - I don't intend responding to any more of your repetitive posts thankyou.

bumfacingdown, Oct 9, 8:35pm
And that is your answer to an honest question, What are your ideas to your own questions, as you also suggested it?

Just to add to my other reply, take away the stumbling blocks, reduce them or use your critical thinking to point out what are not rational reasons for not teaching critical thinking, then you may start to make progress.

sheena32, Oct 10, 8:36am
bein too pick a part latley ?
man price have gone thru the roof
went for a spare tyre $16 bucks no paint mark too my suprise all tyres $60 bucks then fitting so trade me got one fitted for $40

mrfxit, Oct 10, 10:36am
( "I asked why they hadn't replied to Parts Trader, and they said "Aw - sometimes it's not worth the hassle." )

& there it is in a nutshell.

You just never know which parts request could lead to a much larger sales history.
Yes it chews up time, but if you aren't going to bother checking/ replying to requests, then why bother having the parts system

mrfxit, Oct 10, 10:38am
Dude, learn to use what parts of a conversation suits you best & discard the rest.
No point getting all knotted up over internet chatter.

elect70, Oct 10, 3:03pm
1 of the palmy wreckers didnt know if they had diff for my isuzu 4x4 until he went out & had a look in the yard . Not all of them have everything listed on their computer . .But it was to dear & wound up buying a rusty wreck for half the price that had plenty of usable parts to keep mine on the road for next 20 years &. took the shell to the scrap man .

bumfacingdown, Oct 10, 3:56pm
Throwing the toys out saved answering a legit question

lookoutas, Oct 10, 6:46pm
Hey you guys. This thread is about parts & prices. If you wanta have a squabble about tagging and education - bugga off the the MB's where it should be discussed, or start a new thread.

bumfacingdown, Oct 10, 6:59pm
Yes boss.
How do wreckers decide what to price something at, availability, demand, what they think the public will/can pay, what insurance companies are willing to pay?