Motoring journos

serf407, Jul 11, 9:43pm
Do vehicle sellers like the motoring journos driving the media allocated vehicle/s on the beach? appear to be beach pics in this.
http://www.driven.co.nz/reviews/road-tests/off-road-debut-hsv-colorado-sportscat-gets-tested/?ref=nzhhome

rob_man, Jul 11, 9:48pm
Demonstrators. Anything goes really.

sr2, Jul 11, 10:00pm
As long as I can remember all motoring journo's have ever done when reviewing SUV's (in NZ) is to take them for a quick, low tide drive up Murawai beach to report on their "extreme" off road capabilities!

socram, Nov 28, 7:18am
Agree with post #2. Not the motoring journalists I'd be worried about, but Joe Bloggs with minimal ability.

Having bought an ex demonstrator 4WD SUV, years ago, luckily it was OK for me, but the problems the next owner had were horrendous Nothing I'd done either! Never again. I'm convinced that various drivers tried it off road and pushed it to its limits.

I'd stick with a current trouble free vehicle, bought new, for an extra year and buy brand new again, but never again would I trust an ex demo.

Might be OK for a small family saloon, but anything with either sporting potential or off road capability, no way.