Easiest car to sell?

moviemakerguy, Sep 30, 2:28pm
I want to test out buying cars from overseas for the sake of testing the process. (so that In the future if i want to buy a car I'll have more options)

However for the sake of lowering the risk can anybody advise what would be a cheap car that is easy to sell? (A car that is legally allowed to be imported/registered)

rbd, Sep 30, 3:41pm
10 year old Fiat's are fantastic cars and very easy to on-sell, even with high mileage.

johotech, Sep 30, 3:50pm
Hiace is the most popular vehicle in NZ.

bwg11, Sep 30, 3:50pm
Or a w10 Passat, but seriously, how about a 1996 or earlier MX-5?

toyboy3, Sep 30, 3:56pm
If it was that easy we would all be doing it

bigmuz1, Sep 30, 4:00pm
Why would the experts in this stuff (car dealers) want to give away all their knowledge to you?

intrade, Sep 30, 4:05pm
you wont register a 10 year old fiat as it wont meet any import emission rules 20 year old or older is the rule to check if its still the case to be exempted from the rules.

tgray, Sep 30, 4:11pm
I think you have 'phrased' it well, but really you want to import a car and see if you can make a profit on it, right?

manolo, Sep 30, 4:15pm
I would say

- 7 seater Mitsi Outlander 2006-10 a lot of families looking for these cars so a lot of demand
- Rav 4- NZ's most popular selling SUV
- Suzuki Swift- again a lot of demand from the younger crowd
- 2006-10 Corolla Fielder wagon 1.8 with a dark interior

The easiest cars to sell are Hiluxes but would be hard to source them from Japan. The other ones up there should sell fairly quickly as they are so mainstream and desired

jcwholesale, Sep 30, 4:39pm
Great expertise.
However the cheapest car of any model sells the fastest, not that I would know.

upnorth, Sep 30, 4:59pm
Lemon coloured cars could be suspect.

curlcrown, Sep 30, 5:12pm
Any car is easy to sell if it's cheap, so any car is okay to buy if it's cheap enough. It's no good paying too much for the most popular car in New Zealand.

a.woodrow, Sep 30, 5:13pm
You need a dealer's license for what you are alluding to

msigg, Sep 30, 7:26pm
Toyota Prado diesel with low km, only problem is that they are so good every one wants them so the price goes up at auction.

mimik3, Sep 30, 7:50pm
or Dacia Sandero, these things are priceless

melvis4, Sep 30, 9:13pm
I would question Fiat, VW or anything European as "easist car to sell". They would be at the very bottom of the list.

Any Japanese make or model. Toyota is king. Hiace, Corolla, Hilux, Landcruiser etc. Also small cars like Nissan Tiidas and Suzuki Swifts are big sellers.

elect70, Oct 1, 11:12am
Would it even be worth it ? Used cars in Nz are dirt cheap everyones brainwashed into buying new eco mini cars . Unless its a desirable classic

bwg11, Oct 1, 1:51pm
Sorry I used the "wink" emoticon in error, TradeMe unfortunately does not have one for sarcasm which my comment was.

franc123, Jan 5, 2:46am
Anything thats not a crappy silver or grey colour might be a good start. Most of the vehicles suggested in this thread as serious proposals are already over represented in the market as it is, and at reasonable prices at dealers WITH cga protection. This place is neck deep in Outlanders, Swifts, Allex, Axela, Tiida and other porridgemobiles, I've not attempted to sell a car privately for some years in the $5-10k range which most import cars tend to fall into but I'd expect it would be very difficult now.