Buying a new imported American car

Page 2 / 2
mrcat1, Oct 29, 9:41pm
All vehicles into NZ are imports, and yes Ram has the factory warranty.

tgray, Oct 29, 9:45pm
Depends who imports it.

mrcat1, Oct 29, 9:47pm
Ateko.

a.woodrow, Oct 29, 9:56pm
Obviously, but most people would know what I meant by the context of my post. Ram trucks are being imported by the dealers and have the new vehicle warranty as per NZ new vehicles. Do you not understand what the OP is planning on buying has been imported by a non-dealer third party and will not be covered by the official dodge importers?

framtech, Oct 29, 10:11pm
if its used for business not covered, private yes if though a NZ business (dealer or car sales)

framtech, Oct 29, 10:21pm
Thats correct, The only way to get a challenger is by a third party import, not imported by dodge and never will be. so it is second hand in NZ, most of the ones imported have at least a 1000 miles on the clock, Autosure will cover the car so you are good to go. Changing a hellcat to right hand drive would be a stupid waste of thousands of dollars and would de-value the car as a collector car in the future as they are a special car and there is only around 90 late dodge challengers in NZ at this time, from a owners point of view, I hope they stop importing them for a while to add value to the ones already here.

mrcat1, Oct 30, 8:27pm
Have you actually asked Ateko if they will bring any in to NZ?

stevo2, Oct 30, 8:48pm
Hey mrcat1. You working out Welcome Bay way at the moment? Saw you on W/Bay road this morning at 7am with yer big arsed Ram and Tandem.

mrcat1, Oct 30, 9:57pm
Yes, up off Waikite Road, will be back there at 6.30am to drill some 600mm holes 5.5meters deep thru the ignimbrite rock up there for a wall that someone else couldn't get thru.

stevo2, Oct 31, 5:53am
Sweet, I live just off Waikite near the top. Plenty of earthworks and building going on around here.

lookoutas, Oct 31, 6:23pm
It would have to be RHD converted for a start.

It's quite simple really - if you want a Yankee car of any sort, you have to be prepared to 'suck on it'
If you don't like that idea then don't even consider buying one.

mrcat1, Oct 31, 10:46pm
Why would it have to be converted to RHD? no reason it couldn't stay left hook with a permit.
Not sure what your meaning by "suck on it"

serf407, Nov 1, 9:41am
Holden (via HSV (Walkinshaw) in Australia are likely going to have pro-converted Chev Camaros (at big $ cost) following on from the end of the V8 Commodores.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/news/1709/hsv-converted-chevrolet-camaros-in-holden-showrooms-for-2018 http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/09/gm-australia-holden-special-vehicles-building-right-hand-drive-chevrolet-camaros/

mrcat1, Dec 10, 4:00pm
I knew they were going to start on those, and that's why I think they may even do the Dodges as well as they already have a relationship with FCA with the RAM's they currently are remanufacturing.
The finish in the RAM's is really good, no rattles at all, looks and feels great.
I do wonder how long before the factory actually starts doing RHD runs with RAM's and Dodge cars though.