Wwyd-selling this car.

tomytruble, Oct 9, 3:03pm
selling our surplus car.
it has a leak that no one can figure out. we've taken it to numerous garages and always the same response. 'there's no leak' but my garage floor says otherwise!.

also, the dashboard sometimes doesnt work. Like, every 10th time or so you get in there, it's not working. Turn the car off then back on and its working again.

these are two issues that I know are there.
when I try and sell this car I want to be absolutely honest but these things make it sound like a hunk of junk and no one ever wants to go an further.

I dont want to omit this information but gee its getting hard to sell this car.
where else can I sell it if not privately?

poppy62, Oct 9, 3:33pm
make, model, year. type of leak coolant (green/red/blue) oil? trans fluid?. The dash could be anything from a faulty ignition switch to a loose earth wire or plug or even a corroded contact on battery or fuse. Details are needed otherwise it's just guess work.

tmenz, Oct 9, 4:53pm
This - it'll be the air conditioning drain.

msigg, Oct 9, 5:31pm
Well lots of people want to buy a cheap car, you have to cut your loses, sell 1-2k cheaper and just get rid of it, life is too short to stress over a couple of grand. get the new car and be happy. Just advertise and see how a go, mention symptoms and say haven't got time to fix as bought another car. Done deal.

tamarillo, Oct 9, 5:47pm
Does depend on what it is. If an old cheapie be honest and keep price down. If it's a higher value car be worth fixing. If they steam clean carefully under car then let you have it back for few days they should see leak appear. And dash might be fixable.
Personally I like honest describtion and as long as price accomodate things, tend to lean towards the honest describtion over the simple 'all mint' type rubbish.

intrade, Dec 29, 5:08pm
what car?