Nano Flow cell car

serf407, Oct 10, 3:48pm
Nano Flow cell car , low voltage electrics.
https://youtu.be/8FAFfCWBGeQ QUANTINO http://nanoflowcell.com/

intrade, Oct 10, 4:36pm
I had a quick look non of it makes much sens.
electric car voltage go higher not lower. So far i could not see anything explaining how and why lower voltage should could magically work. other then glorified bull$hit . on ther website non if it is actuarly meaningfull information. Somone made a video about how these things work essentially they are usually clever scams.
i cant recall if the eev-blog has made a video if i remember i post a link.
Elon musk also has a hyper loop hogwash that never can work eaven a blind man could figure it out and still with the glorified animations and propaganda they get people to invest in stuff that if you only think for 2 secounds cant ever possible work.
Think of it why is a 7.2 volt makita not as powerfull as a 18 volt one .
Why do all ev manufacturer crank the voltage higher and higher and why is the mains power transmission not just 48 volt? but extreem high voltage and transformed down to 240 before it enters your house.
So unless i see any credible technical info as to why 48 volt should power a electric car . Then its just another glorified scam.

intrade, Oct 10, 5:14pm
youtube might actuarly delete videos who expose these scams , as i cant seem to find it on my history scrolling thru. it was quite good and detailed explaining the tricks and special ultra hyper-wording actuarly have 0 meaning and dont actuarly explain anything to be true paired with fanzy computer animations . and when you stop and think about it you quite quickly notice non of it makes any sense nor is it plausible
like nanoflow cell what does that mean? it means nothing other then hogwash they could call it mungas-superduper-ultra-scooku-
m hyper ultra technoligal advanced .
what does that mean. yup nothing much just some bull$hit i just made up.

sr2, Oct 10, 5:20pm
Interesting site; page after seductive page waxing lyrical with no information on what the technology actually is?

The cynical among us would smell a rat?

intrade, Oct 10, 5:21pm
New Thinking in Mobile Energy. Eco-friendly. Practical. Safe.
so its not save? its only practical save lol .
F. k normal petrol cars are Mobile Energy. if you dont ever use one they are
Eco-friendly. any car is practical . and what is save ? does it not have takata airbags or what.
means nothing then glorified bull on there website.

nice_lady, Oct 10, 5:24pm

intrade, Oct 10, 5:39pm
that artical has some more information especially that one is informative.
So, yep, Nanoflowcell is really kicking ass when it comes to vapor. er. nano tech. Or so it tells it. The company must really like the phrase "we'll believe it when we see it" because there's generally nothing else to say after seeing the outlandish claims surrounding its annual concept cars.

tony9, Oct 10, 6:24pm
Assuming a 30KW motor, at 48 volts then 625 Amps is required. No magic can change this. For a more typical 700 Volt system, only 43 Amps is needed.

While the site talk about techniques to reduce cable size, there are really only two ways to do this.

Use silver instead of copper, which will give a 5% reduction in cable size. Or use superconductivity, which requires operation at near absolute zero.

bigfatmat1, Oct 10, 6:43pm
The description on the video explains all above questions.

bigfatmat1, Oct 10, 6:45pm
it has 4 140kw motors. Read the video desxription

tony9, Oct 10, 6:50pm
I used 30KW as a rough indication of the normal running power of an EV. By all means scale that up to 4 X 140KW and it gets even more ludicrous.

gpg58, Oct 10, 6:55pm
further, 751hp divided by 4, is horsepower of each motor = 187.75.
187.75 hp = approx 140,025 watts
At 48 volts that means 2,917 amp circuits to each wheel.
Bit hard to believe with copper wires for sure.

nice_lady, Oct 10, 7:22pm
Don't really know enough about electricity but Hubby says at his work at a regional airport they use ground power units to 'jump start' the ATR and Q300 and other aeroplanes. The ATR's draw about 1400Amps while starting and the Q300 about 900Amps. These GPU's are essentially transformers. He says the input is ACcable and the output is through a DC cable from the unit and it plugs into the plane. So however this is short term, matter of 30 seconds or less outputs. Driving a car with that much or considerably greater Amperage . hmmmm again !

intrade, Oct 10, 7:23pm
http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.htm
48 volt 560kw = 11667 amps . Any idea what size cables that would need?

apollo11, Oct 10, 7:27pm
Perhaps the flux capacitor boosts the voltage?

intrade, Oct 10, 7:31pm
na they ditched that read there morons claims.
now if it was 700 volts the amps would only be 800 its why they all crank up the voltage in electric cars.
at 12 volt pushing abou 150 amps thru the starter cable for a few secounds only , everyone knows what big mother cables starter motors have for only this sort of amparage short time.

serf407, Oct 10, 7:35pm
A lot of good science that is published in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese etc is often 'lost' to the English speaking World.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/english-language-science-can-cause-problems-180961623/ e.g https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170502084530.htm (magnesium/ sodium batteries Switzerland) https://www.psi.ch/lec/fuel-cell-systems

intrade, Oct 10, 7:52pm
battery technology is what needs to be researched and developed.
,fact is a electric motor is over +-90% efficient as where internal combustion is 27% and big marine diesel are 54% efficient.
Better battery technology and the higher efficiency will end internal combustion who cant be improofed upon by much more and meet emission standards. However energy has to come from somwhere it dont magically comes to exist. Somehow its got to be produced.

nice_lady, Oct 10, 8:05pm
Yeah - nah. Technically energy can never be destroyed nor created it already exists, (don't ask me how), but you can indeed convert one form of energy to another or 'release' energy, (burn fuel for instance). You can convert kinetic energy, (movement such as the flow of water past a turbine for example), into electrical energy which you can then convert to heat, light, movement, all sorts of stuff. You can store energy and later release it and that's what batteries are all about of course. We're slowly getting better at battery tech. You can unlock the energy in hydrogen or other combustibles of course and then use that energy either directly or store it somehow - generally in electrical form. Energy is very interesting stuff.

tony9, Oct 10, 8:10pm
Yes, a modern electric motor would get to 90% efficient. However the onboard control system will typically be 85% efficient, the battery charge/recharge 90% at the very best, and the charger maybe 90%. So we are at 61%. Local lines company, grid losses, and generation losses will pull that down to about 40%.

Counter that with a new generation diesel hybrid with co-generation and super capacitors and you will see better than 50% efficiency.

tony9, Oct 10, 8:13pm
In copper, that would be 1,000 Sq mm. So 10cm square, a lot of weight.

apollo11, Oct 10, 9:14pm
Tony have you read anything about microturbine generators? They are getting up towards 60% efficiency and would make good range extenders. One manufacturer was quoting prices around $1000 for a mass produced unit, so would be a better option than a larger battery or auxiliary ICE.

tony9, Oct 10, 9:30pm
Yes, I am sure we will see them in the future and is what I meant by a diesel co-gen I mentioned above. On their own they won't be that efficient, but using waste energy from a new gen diesel then the unit will get over 50%.

I will be playing with one in my workshop when the bathroom is done.

apollo11, Dec 27, 4:40pm
Nice. One benefit of a micro turbine is that they run on multiple fuels.

http://www.bladonjets.com/applications/automotive/