Really Volvo?.

kazbanz, Feb 2, 7:36pm
Tv advert by Volvo currently. Making a song and dance about speed restricting their vehicles to 180 km/h . Ya do realise the japs have been doing that for about 30 years? 😀😀😀😀

intrade, Feb 2, 7:41pm
you dont seen the one where it said wearing a seatbelt is a terrible idea.
its like they all gone loopy since they cant bash trump no more.
i was thinking reverse psycology or some crap

sw20, Feb 2, 7:57pm
Volvo are the new Microsoft. Introduced Windows 95 in 1995. Mac, Atari and Amiga. Hey we've been doing that for the last ten plus years already.

apollo11, Feb 2, 8:40pm
Do people who drive Volvos actually go faster than the speed limit?

martin11, Feb 3, 7:06am
Yes they do .

saxman99, Feb 3, 7:24am
Yes, but only in their Audi.

socram, Feb 3, 12:40pm
On the race track, most definitely - though that only relates to the 1970 Volvo engine in mine.

apollo11, Feb 3, 12:54pm
Lol. Good on you, Socram.

bigfatmat1, Feb 3, 3:34pm
what? Doing what for 10+ years? Introducing windows?

kazbanz, Feb 3, 3:57pm
Are you sure a 1970 Volvo engine can power a car to over 100km/h?

kazbanz, Feb 3, 4:00pm
It would be really cool if the same technology used in the latest Nissan Supercar could be rolled out worldwide and in all cars.--Speed limited to 180km/h on the highway but once its on a Racetrack in Japan--bingo Full power.

sw20, Feb 3, 5:17pm
Apple, Commodore Amiga and Atari already had a "Windows" style operating system since 1984/1985. Microsoft didn't anything that could compare until the early 1990s.

Just like Japan have had 180km/h speed limited cars since the popularisation of fuel injection around the mid 1980s.

bigfatmat1, Feb 3, 5:30pm
I know its off topic but Microsoft released windows 1.0 in 1985. 1 year after Apple. The time windows 95 came around Microsoft had been doing it for 10 years. Hence the confusion of your post. I'm not sure about those others though I would say later than MS.

tgray, Feb 3, 6:19pm
I was aware of their limited speedo readings but not of their cars actual speeds being limited.
Ok, cheers. Excuse my ignorance - I don't get to try and exceed 180kph to often.

ronaldo8, Feb 3, 6:37pm
GEM->Atari ST 83
Tripos->AmigaOS 84

stevo2, Feb 3, 6:42pm
Doesn't worry me too much. Haven't been over 170kph.

stornello, Feb 3, 7:21pm
My 850 T5 is supposed to do 150mph - but I do the speed limit mostly. I can't afford fines, and can't afford to lose my license.

sw20, Feb 3, 7:23pm
Also Windows before 3.1 in '92 was a joke. It was prone to crashes and simply an extension to MS-DOS, not a standalone like the others I mentioned.

intrade, Feb 3, 8:33pm
i must be blind or i shut off on garbage detection instantly. i think thats what my brain does no storage for that garbage spamblock in brain lol

morrisjvan, Feb 4, 5:29pm
I had an old 1964 Cortina that wouldn't do 180 km either, Ford was decades ahead !

socram, Feb 4, 5:41pm
Oh yes. Lap time of 1:16 at Pukekohe, (long back straight track). Just on 125mph/200kph - checked on radar, at the end of the back straight - and the engine is bog standard, iron block, head and manifolds!

kazbanz, Feb 4, 7:52pm
That bah bah bahh noise as they bounce off the SPEED limiter is amusing at track days.

socram, Sep 17, 5:00pm
My brother in the UK bought a new Volvo SUV - but not the V8.

Wasn't at all happy with it and he got rid quite quickly, which is unusual for him. Went for a Peugeot instead.

We have had several SUV's and none have been larger than 2 litre and all have been reliable, economical and towed well - but none were Volvos.