What are your thoughts on Infiniti car in NZ

marymx, Jun 22, 6:18pm
I have been looking at a couple of listings of Infiniti Q60 on here. The specs look pretty good, they are using the GTR style engine - kind of a mini GTR or premium version of new Skyline. In comparison with the Z series, it seems having better modern features, gadgets and etc.

I know Infiniti pulled NZ market a couple years back as they couldn't really get much sales happening in NZ. Do you think these Infiniti worth considering or do you think it will be a bad idea as parts and services could be tricky and pricy going forward? As Infiniti in NZ is managed by Renault rather than Nissan.

Any thoughts and suggestion please? Thanks in advance.

sharchew, Jun 22, 6:20pm
Get all your parts out of USA. Much cheaper.

franc123, Jun 22, 7:18pm
They couldn't really get sales going anywhere, they're no Lexus. Follow #2's advice definitely if you must own one.

marymx, Jun 22, 7:44pm
Thanks. No I don't must own one. I guess the best way is to avoid a car where is lack of services and parts in NZ.

meow_mix, Jun 22, 7:54pm
I read a review by NZ Autocar on one of the big Infinitis and was quite impressed. It was a large saloon with a twin turbo V6 and rear wheel drive, but sadly Autocar said Infiniti were pulling out of NZ.

marymx, Jun 22, 8:58pm
Thanks, the one I am looking at is the big one, 3LT V6 Twin Turbo, which attracts me. I just don't know if I would have the services and support in NZ if the car needs maintenance of repair. It is not a cheap car, so I want to do enough research before I make serious decision.

nesta129, Jun 22, 9:02pm
when i started work at BMW,there were 8 infinitis in the stock (2019-2020 Q50 sports sedans, a Q60 coupe and a QX80 SUV,almost new models) .I had the opportunity to drive them all and while its no M4,I enjoyed driving it and was surprised how good the powerplant felt in the Q60.The interior doesnt seem that premium though.
So maybe its wiser to check for a Infinity NZ group on facebook or online and see what they say regarding parts and services.

marymx, Jun 22, 10:04pm
Thanks, that is helpful information. Much appreciated.

3tomany, Jul 21, 5:01pm
If you like it buy. Lots of jap import cars just the same so i expect parts will be no problem. They are just Nissans anyway.