Who owns what re car manufacturing companies ?

orphic1, Aug 25, 4:26pm
Thanks for that. Make good questions in a pub night quiz.

Ok, so my Audi is owned by VW. That’s simple, however, it gets complicated. Lets see if have this right?

My wife’s Renault owns 43% of Nissan and my Triton is owned by Nissan. It appears then that Renault is the largest stakeholder. Correct?

kazbanz, Aug 25, 4:53pm
I understood that Nissan were /had divorced Renault

vtecintegra, Aug 25, 4:57pm
You can't have checked in a while, Renault has had a controlling interest in Nissan since 1999

vtecintegra, Aug 25, 4:57pm
Nope. Lots of unrest with the structure but it's still intact.

vtecintegra, Aug 25, 5:02pm
Exactly. Even at the original stake (which was around 33% I think) Renault was easily the largest shareholder.

orphic1, Aug 25, 5:09pm
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1204351179906188
As a side, Video. When Ratan Tata Took Revenge On Ford

vtecintegra, Aug 25, 5:12pm
Nope. Lots of smaller shareholders but Renault has been the largest one since they bought in.

tony9, Aug 25, 5:34pm
Quite a few bits missing from that article. For example, Mazda is 4% owned by Toyota.

vtecintegra, Aug 25, 6:11pm

poppy62, Aug 25, 7:00pm
So when will you buy that Renault Skyline 32?

Interesting that the New Toyota Supra is a BMW in casual dress. Groupe PSA own GM Opel Germany and also 50 % of Fiat Chrysler,Jeep, Dodge, Vauxhall, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, DS, Peugeot, Citroen, Ram and Mopar. Viva La France!

tamarillo, Aug 26, 7:00am
Fiat Chrysler now merged with PSA Who already own old GM European assists inc Opel and Vauxhall. These things change so often list gets out of date quickly!

kazbanz, Dec 1, 5:42am
with this c19 situation my sense of time is a bit outa whack but . I thought within the last week or two that Nissan made an announcement re divorcing Renault