Public car parks and dents

kiwilandchch, Jul 4, 11:10am
How do you stop your car getting trolley dings. or people
opening there doors onto your car. I try park away from other cars but still
ending up with new dents. ?
Short of standing there with a baseball bat fending off possible offenders Im
at a loss to solve this problem. lol

nice_lady, Jul 4, 11:19am
Drive an old bomb then a few extra dents won't matter. Otherwise it's impossible to stop then especially since the actual Marked parking spaces are smaller than they used to be.

lespat, Jul 4, 11:48am
Have a mate on the Gold Coast who is super proud of his car. So when he goes to supermarket he parks in the furtherest away car park with no other cars anywhere near. Lo and behold when he returns to car more often than not there will be an old dunger park close to his. Drives him nuts but fortunately has escaped damage.

franc123, Jul 4, 11:51am
Using end parks as much as possible gets rid of half of the problem. Using your baseball bat on dumb bureaucrats who insist on a minimum amount of car parks on a given size site at a time when vehicles keep getting larger would be a start. The current requirements seem to be based on something the width of say a Datsun 120Y. Your best defence is to have a shopping car and dont use something you dont want damaged.

franc123, Jul 4, 11:53am
Yup had that happen to me, bloody lard heads still do it even when there are several empty parks available either side of your car.

mouse265, Jul 4, 12:35pm
i have a disabled card and those car parks are wider so i have no problem but its not worth loosing your leg just to get the card

kazbanz, Jul 4, 12:36pm
don't park in a public car park.

saxman99, Jul 15, 6:59pm
I saw an old lady park her new Mustang across 2 spaces in a near empty carpark at the supermarket a while back, someone nearby says “Why have you parked like that?”

“Because people are f****** a*********.”

Nuff said.