Blue tooth for car

kelly1962, Nov 30, 1:41pm
hello, I have a 2008 Nissan navara ute and I am wanting to get a blue tooth unit for it. There are so many different types out there, I was wondering if someone had one they could recommend?

tygertung, Nov 30, 3:15pm
What would you like the bluetooth to do?

axelvonduisberg, Nov 30, 3:37pm
I am assuming OP is wanting a hands free operating system for a cellphone.
Mine is via a Clarion Car Radio that includes a Reversing Camera.

gunhand, Nov 30, 7:19pm
Probably what bluetooth enables you to do I think. Pretty simple question really.
I would imagine they will all be much the same really. They range form $150 to $1000 if you want video capability etc etc etc. Stick with mainstream brands like Pioneer, JVC, Sony etc. Both Repco and Supercheap have specials all the time so you can get a good deal. Some sets may have microphone in built and some will have a separate one you hang somewhere like visor or A pillar. Very good thing is Bluetooth.

kazbanz, Nov 30, 7:37pm
Kelly--Im a fan of the JVC product. For me it goes away and stays away.

s_nz, Oct 16, 10:08am
Best option is to swap out the head unit for an aftermarket one with the functionality you require. Have used double DIN JVC units in the past. Can also swap out the speakers in the doors for higher quality units.

There are heaps of other options too. Such as getting a bluetooth phone module that clips onto the sun visor.