Anyone bought a repaired salvage title car from US

choppersinc, Aug 17, 7:13pm
curious if anyone has bought a salvage title car. Appreciate US repairs are sometimes not as good as NZ repairs, but any additional challenges with getting vinned etc?

budgel, Aug 17, 7:17pm
Ha Ha, you've been watching too much YouTube!

They sure can get some deals if they know what they are doing!

kazbanz, Aug 17, 8:30pm
The title provided it has one is not the issue. The issue is the quality of any repairs done

poppy62, Aug 17, 8:53pm
Save yourself a whole lot of suffering & misery and buy a good example of whatever you have in mind. It'll be cheaper in the end.

wizzbikz, Aug 18, 8:38am
100% on the Ball, Great advice ,Learn from those who have been scorched .

tgray, Aug 18, 9:06am
I almost bought a C7 Corvette with a salvaged title. The dealer said they ran over a rock and it's all been fixed, but it was still written off over there. I wasn't convinced of their story.
When you come to comply it in NZ, they will be fully aware of it's history and will need all the paperwork regarding he repair.
I just felt it wasn't worth the hassle and risk involved just to save a few thousand dollars and ended up paying about $5,000 more for one with clean title. Very glad I did.

clark20, Aug 19, 7:01pm
I see there is a C8 here, have you sold any?

les6, Aug 19, 8:46pm
I believe 4 guys sold the first one,and have more on the way,if not already here since the last time I looked?

tgray, Aug 20, 8:05am
No, as they are completely sold out and you can now only order the 2021 model year (production begins in Nov).
The problem with that is they will be making a RHD 2021, so my understanding is only the 2020 model year would be legal to import in LHD and register in NZ.
The cheapest 2020 used ones for sale are about $100k USA. They start new at $60k.
Yes the Hamilton outfit has sold one and have imported 2 more.
I will wait a year and then my intention is to import and sell the 2020's for about $100k NZ like I do the C7's.
By then of course you will be able to buy a new one here in RHD with a factory warranty and NZ GPS etc, so it depends on pricing here, as importing a LHD one and selling it would need to be significantly cheaper to work.
Depends on GMSV pricing and exchange rates etc, so will see.

lookoutas, Dec 4, 10:44am
Back to OP's question.
It's been answered.
"Don't bother"