Where is the current Government Transport Projects

Page 2 / 2
loose.unit8, May 21, 9:31am
Perhaps the new ministry of delivery will help *actually* deliver something? Anything.

Or perhaps it will be just another money hole

onl_148, May 21, 9:34am
When was the last time that any government GAVE the tax payers anything. they have arranged to spend our tax money in a certain way. but nothing is a gift !

pcle, May 21, 11:15am
I'm 100% confident they will deliver more paperwork, lots more meetings and higher salaries (for themselves - cause they work so hard)!

s_nz, Aug 5, 6:47pm
Seems you may be right:

Benefit rise gives single mum options: Single mother Zhane Neho has learnt to go without. But soon she will receive up to $36 more a week and hopes to buy a car to drive her children to school on cold days.

"Unable to put aside any money to save for a car, Neho sometimes keeps her children home if weather conditions are abysmal because she doesn’t want them to catch a cold on the walk to school and daycare"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/budget/300312218/budget-2021-surprise-increase-in-benefits-welcomed-by-those-most-in-need.

I was quite surprised by the article.

Firstly I thought the benefit increases largely just catch up with recent cost of living increases, and if not will get chewed up with future rent increases.

Secondly, the common cold is a virus, and you catch it from other people (especially in highly occupied, poorly ventilated spaces), not from being outside in bad weather.

Thirdly $36/week is only $1,872/year. Very challenging to buy, fuel, insure, maintain and repair a car for within that.