Without right to repair act/

Page 1 / 2
intrade, Feb 8, 9:16am
i hear 2017 onward in europe need to go on internet to factory . you can read but not clear codes . its for security.
Or is it for anti competitive behavior like luise rosman Fights hard for right to repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPnz7DjM4CE

tweake, Feb 8, 10:31am
bit like Toyota that sues anyone putting their repair manuals online.

sw20, Feb 8, 10:46am
The MR2 BGB has been online forever?

tweake, Feb 8, 11:12am
plenty of individual manuals kicking around here and there, but toyota shut down a few of the big sites that hosted large numbers of part manuals etc.

tony9, Feb 8, 3:50pm
It is Louis Rossmann, well known repairer of complex system boards.

There are two sides to this story, manufacturer's deliberately trying to make it hard to repair, or manufacturers making systems more compact, more reliable and cheaper to build. Most new purchasers would prefer the systems to be more compact, more reliable and cheaper. I tend to believe that that is the reason the systems are becoming more integrated.

strobo, Feb 8, 7:30pm
Right to repair is direct with the manufacturer not the internet .,such as john deere.tell ya what intrade take all that hunlow crap you have and stck it where it fits ;-=) you might enjoy it

strobo, Feb 8, 7:33pm
blardy 1/2 wit ! who let you into NZ

strobo, Feb 8, 7:36pm
and cap it off get off motoring mesge board and stop spouting crap and misl;eading people ,do me a favour

strobo, Feb 8, 7:39pm
Right to repair is not free online for free for all and sundry , what the ferk s wrong with people

strobo, Feb 8, 7:47pm
our family rum new john deeres contracting , and they subscribe direct to john deer usa ,yet ther there is some such dutch prick down south here there offering up hp increases and other shit on his 1hung low software (sp) ie intrade software protocol , and bgger me i cant get down ther4e sooner enough to put him that prick in his place, just created a big mess

intrade, Feb 8, 7:49pm
what the hell are you being hacked or drunk?
you need a online subscription to programm a key on a 2007 passat unless you have hacking tools . And Redhead zilinderkopf technik said they now locked some to unable to clear codes unless you have a internet connected to the car via the purchased factory software , mercedes 50.000 doller for factory license.
They did not specific say what makes just in europe and 2017 onward.

strobo, Feb 8, 7:53pm
pull hard! just stop it and all ya figuring out shit.please stop it .

strobo, Feb 8, 7:58pm
Clearing any codes is simple as disconnecting the battery untill they cycle back up again moron

intrade, Feb 8, 8:02pm
The whole thing is a double sided sword .
Tuning something that is not desigend to be is a bad idea.
Like for years i seen these places offering DPF delets . That is illegal .
Also to tune a 115 hp tdi that i have to the maximum would also be a bad idea because it has not got the same heavy conrods as the 130 bhp that i have and the 150 bhp version has only got a larger intercooler.
So tuning it if you know the engine is the rugged one is fine if it can handle it. It is why i said it was a bad idea to tune them bmw They are not as rugged as older vw Diesel
Iys however a bad thing when you lock a fuse box of a 2006 volvo to that specific car so somone has to pay 1400 bux for a new one and programm it with one time writing only possible.
That is where GM is good i unprogrammed the faulty ecu of the astra so it could be fixed and reused on a new vin number with the factory GM tech2 i had the card but my Xtool also pulled the pincode as the factory tool cant pull no pins.

intrade, Feb 8, 8:08pm
i dont want to be rude but you have no clue . removing a battery worked in 1980 on obd1 if you do that on a vw nothing will happen the memory is not volatile and all will be there you can read them with rosstech vcds . if you fix the fault the code will move in to non present memmory. Same for any car that i seen with obd2 port. Non clear no codes when you disconnect the battery.

intrade, Feb 8, 8:12pm
Going back to the right to repair. What it will come down is what makers have cheap oem software subscriptions Vw is not to bad honda And GM and ford is also ok. but others be unoptanium .
Basically you would not want to buy any car where the j2534 oem license costs a fortune as there will be no one who is going to spend money on that tool. and if they do you can expect a repair to cost 10 folds of any other makes .
Here a list what car software costs.
http://www.drewtech.com/technician/index.html

strobo, Feb 8, 8:15pm
ya can stop knocking BMW right there! GM has turned terribly wrong ity's embarrasing , the dealerships here are blowing sunshine up p[eoples asss holes with GM .BMw , even New dodge performance cars have got it righht and Id hate to say it but even Ford are on the right track!BMW and Merc have maintained their manufacturing processes with quality metal

bigfatmat1, Feb 8, 8:19pm
lol doesn't work on 90% of cars

strobo, Feb 8, 8:23pm
How's ya love life there intrade ,ya getting plenty mate ?;-)

intrade, Feb 8, 8:27pm
bf the 2017 onwards not able to clear code on some makes comes from redhead i translated it from german They rebuit that honda and said the car makers could learn how you make chain systems from honda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4z9gWcRxz4
4.17 you see the chain no neckless like other car makes

marte, Feb 8, 8:27pm
That hasn't worked on a single car that I have tried it on.

strobo, Feb 8, 8:36pm
im forgiven by 10% euro trash ,thats' understandable they all leave a foot print ! thanks big fat mat :-) for pointing that out '

strobo, Feb 8, 8:37pm
bull shit

marte, Feb 8, 8:47pm
No, not a single car, Holden's, Falcon, Audi's & others.
Even then, I'm quite sure it won't reset a airbag light on anything.

jmma, Sep 17, 2:06am
Sounds like you're getting none :oP