Playing music by Bluetooth from iPhone in car

footplate1, Nov 7, 3:46pm
I wonder if anyone has solved this. My iphone works via Bluetooth in my car. However, the music side of the phone will not play. I have looked at a device which might do it but needs to be plugged into the head unit. There is no socket in the head unit.

The only way I ca currently play non radio music is via an iPod, which was wired in , on purchase.

I would like to,play Spotify etc.

Anyone solved this?

vtecintegra, Nov 7, 3:49pm
What car? You can usually add something that hooks into the head unit (perhaps replacing the current iPod input)

tamarillo, Nov 7, 4:11pm
Mate you’ve asked this same question a few times already. From what I recall you bought some cheap shit Bluetooth system that doesn’t seem to work properly. Can it and pay for a decent Grom unit that plugs into back of your beemers stereo and works like a treat.

nice_lady, Nov 7, 4:13pm
Depends on the car and the year of the model probably. I can play music from our android phones, on our either of our 2012 & 2013 Hyundai Elantras.
But TBH we don't bother as it's just as easy to keep a usk key plugged into the car with about 500 songs on it.

ETA: Some phones & car systems will 'play nice' - others wont.

s_nz, Nov 7, 5:52pm
Some older cars support Bluetooth for calls, but not for music streaming. Was little need for the latter before smartphones, spotify etc became commonplace.

My car is like this. I just use a line in cable that spoofs a CD changer for when I want to play music from my phone.

If you have a ipod cable wired in, your head unit must have the ability to receive an auxiliary input, which you can feed either directly via the 3.5mm port, or by a separate Bluetooth receiver. My other car didn't have the ability to add a line in, so i swapped the head unit for one with that, along with bluetooth streaming etc.

If your is older, and the aircon controls etc re intergrated with the head unit, swapping in a new one offers good bang for buck for modernizing your car.

tamarillo, Nov 7, 7:21pm
Read post 3. Bmw and op added some cheap shit Bluetooth device that doesn’t work.