Motoring pranks 2021.from the past.

gunhand, Jan 23, 9:40pm
Many a year gone by when I owned a Katana 1100 I decided it would be a good lark to race it and see I good I thought I was. Well turns out if you are passing someone on the straights you were doing well by the crowd. No matter that Ducati slaughtered me on every corner there after till the straight again. I did actually have the fastest bike there which is quite irrelevant if it handles like a soggy weet bix. Sure as hell looked good on the straight.
Anyway, I rode it there so had to ride it home. I wasn't overly sympathetic with it on the track either. It got me through the day and home just fine.
Next day was Sunday and didnt ride it but come Monday I rode it to work. The F$%#ing thing from just after start up stared blowing plumes of very bright blue smoke. I thought WTF, OH NO ive buggered it from racing. So I got all distressed and could see large bills coming my way soon for a rebuild. Told a few mates of my plight, all very sympathetic they were too. 3 days later the arseholes told me they got into my shed late in the night after i'd raced and poured a litre of oil down my pipe. Ha bloody ha. Was kinda funny tho.
Some things you never forget. now, wheres that waste oil.

socram, Jan 23, 10:30pm
Friend of mine used to be a panel beater/car painter in rural Derbyshire.

Favourite trick on new painters was to approach the secretary who had long black hair and was in on the joke. She'd donate a hair and the lads would wait until the panel was finished and when his back was turned lay the hair on the paint which was by then, dry, and wait for him to find it - and panic.

gunhand, Jan 23, 10:36pm
Being a painter I see no humor in that LOL

franc123, Jan 23, 10:54pm
Applying some black spots that look like fish eyes would be much funnier than that. Personally I think spraying your tyres with a silicone aerosol outside the spray booth is the ultimste way to irk a painter.

gunhand, Jan 23, 10:56pm
Another poster here referred to that stuff as "the devils spawn" he was right.

apollo11, Jan 24, 7:49am
I used to live close to a restaurant in Hataitai, and one night I spotted a mate's old Zephyr parked outside. He was on a first date with a lovely young thing. We snuck down and banged a potato up the pipe and waited on the porch for him to try to drive his date home. After much cranking there was a loud boom, and the fence was coated with mashed spud. Teased him about it the next day and he said 'Oh, it always backfires like that on start up'.

bjmh, Jan 24, 9:09am
I used to go to the auto electrician and use his condensor tester,if they were any good i would load it up and carefully drive back to my workshop holdingit by the wire.There were 2 hardcase car painters across from me,nonchalantly i would drop the loaded condensor in an overall back pocket of one of the painters.Then wait for them to fish it out,lucky they never had heart problems.

nice_lady, Jan 24, 10:03am
Sort of motoring related:

A friend in Hamilton had come to visit me when I lived out of town. She had a brand new digital camera, (this was in around 2001), so that was a bit of a novelty. On the way home she went thorough the Hamilton Lakeside for a drive and stopped to take a pic of the full moon. She said she was standing nearish to another car when she took the pic and didn't realise but the camera flash was set to auto. As it was night time the flash went off. Within a couple of seconds the two rear doors on the other car were flung open and a man and woman rushed out of the back seat and jumped in the front seats and the car raced off. She was just about hysterical when she was telling me and I cracked up also. I suggested she put a notice in the paper to say something along the lines of "If you are the two people who were in the back seat of a car at Hamilton lake at about 8pm and who panicked when I took a photo with my camera on Saturday night and the flash went off - don't worry I was not taking pictures of YOU" !

I think those two had a guilty conscience ? Rofl.

bill-robinson, Sep 23, 7:15pm
I was at a race meeting at mallory park in the UK. one of the guys in another team had a granada auto and as it was parked on the slope in the pits I went over and jacked up one rear wheel and pull a block under the trailing arm.
We all went off to our respective hotels that night and i noticed my mans team were in the same hotel as my team. we were about half way through our dinner when he came into the restuarant and started calling me names. he had jumped in his car only tofind it would not drive so had done a couple of checks and then put it in drive and gave it the big rev and heard this hissing sound, saw smoke in the drivers mirror so got out and found my surprise. took him an hour to find a jack and remove the block as he did not have one. he had ben told that i was the culprit and after name calling started the best bun fight i have been in a land bases restuarant. the satisfaction and share of the cleenup bill was worth it.