How do you prefer to wash your car?

Page 2 / 2
trogedon, Dec 20, 5:38pm
Aucklander here so we haven't been allowed to wash them. I've found LICKING IT works well - sure it takes a few hours and the saliva stains are a bit unsightly but gee, parts of it are pretty tasty ;-)

lakeview3, Dec 20, 5:52pm
Rain

cabrio1, Dec 20, 5:56pm
My son is using the "two wash method"
Once when he bought it 18 months ago, and Fingers crossed once when he sells it.

rainrain1, Dec 20, 6:05pm
Mud in Winter, dust in Summer, yay for the car wash!

heather902, Dec 20, 6:13pm
true and it has happened to previous cars. which is why i'm wanting to clean the car regularly. but i think whatever method you choose there is potential for light scratches. just have to not worry about it.

trogedon, Dec 20, 7:19pm
Clearcoat faults can cause the owner to "break down" too.

trackim, Dec 20, 8:28pm
Yes XT88 is great. Use on car, ute, caravan and boat. Also use it through the foaming gun on waterblaster to apply, use a norwex car mit, rince and rapid dry towel. My GT Black Falcon still looks like new with no paint swirls/scratches.

flossy64, Dec 21, 6:05pm
Bit of dumped alkaline wash from the dairyshed, scrubbed down with poo cleaning brush and rinsed with the highpressure hose. Quick fang down the race to dry. If I'm in a rush I park it under the irrigation for a bit

andrewcg53, Dec 21, 6:27pm
Yep I have never washed my car

apollo11, Dec 21, 6:35pm
My wife has never washed her car. (I do it). Some people just can't handle the physical effort.

gabbysnana, Dec 21, 7:45pm
In the buff, get all wet anyway.

100percenthoney, Dec 23, 5:01pm
You’re gonna hate this - but I use the water blaster.

dutch9, Oct 4, 8:45am
Wet with hose or mild water blaster which gets dust and dirt from hard to reach places . Wash with clean sponge and car washing product but not in sun if possible . Wash off with hose or water blaster and dry with clean soft towels . Don`t use woolen gloves or mitts as they hold the grit after a few washes . I`m a car groomer and my personal car is Dura sealed and still looks good after four years . I do not like automatic car washes . Car washing brushes does scratch cars . Remove bird poo asap and tree sap .