Honda Accord D4 light

madeinoz1, May 17, 12:54am
driving this morning I noticed the D4 light flashing and spedo doesnt work. now the orange engine check light is also on.

Over the weekend there was huge surface flooding and water got into my car and exaust.maybe nothing to do with it !

Back in Feb I had the oil sump removed and cleaned out - could this be related !

Ideas on what the problem could be ! Obviously something to do with the transmission. Cost estimate !

Thanks in advance

ginga4lyfe, Feb 28, 12:46pm
your Speed sensor has died, its just a matter of replacing it with a known working one, or a new one, and everything should be fine, its called the VSS( vehicle speed sensor) if you are looking for one Strong for honda should have plenty, its one of the few parts on hondas that commonly pack up

Oh yeah, they are fairly cheep, and it just bolts onto the top side of the gearbox, easy to get to in some Hondas, not so easy in others, and I dont think its a transmission issue, its just what happens when the sensor packs up , the d4 light is only on stating there is something wrong ( and just continues on as per usual ) the check engine light also goes on because of the same reason