WOF question.. Im pretty sure you can go back to whoever you want but you have to pay for a whole new inspection only the origin

shuddupowh, Apr 22, 11:36pm
Im pretty sure you can go back to whoever you want but you have to pay for a whole new inspection. Only the original inspector has to do the recheck for free within 28days.

gjmman, Apr 22, 11:52pm
I thought that when the WOF system went online that one of the reasons was to make sure people could not shop around for an "easy" WOF so if it is within the 28 days you have to have it rechecked at the original place.Once the 28 days is up you can take it where you like.I'm sure there one of the WOF inspectors who post on this site will know for sure.

You have paid for the WOF and fixed the exhaust why just not take it back to the original place get the WOF and never go there again.A new place may find somethink else for you to fix

bitsy_boffin, Apr 23, 12:32am
Not correct.You can go get another inspection from anywhere at any time you wish, as long as you pay for it.

The (very loosly defined) reasons for a failing point on the last check is in the system (assuming it was entered), but that is advisory to the inspector.So eg, if you go and cover up the fail the inspector might be taking a very close look.

rob_man, Apr 23, 1:40am
Egg Zachary.

saki, Apr 23, 2:34am
You probably got him going when you told him he must be wrong and wouldnt know an exhaust leak if it bit him on the date, hes more than likely pleased you will go elsewhere for the recheck, hes got his money, love to hear the other parties story.

franc123, Apr 23, 4:07am
You have already paid for the check and done the work requested, grin and bear it or get a friend of relative to take it back through for the recheck if you don't want to deal with him again, of course if the 28 days is up then that is a different matter entirely, go elsewhere.If you genuinely believe that their behaviour was unprofessional or you were treated unfairly, contact NZTA.

muzzaandmich, Apr 23, 4:21am
if its fixedthen surely thatsit,,,,,,you get the stickeryouwant ,,,,,forget about them.they cantchopyour head off

dent, Apr 23, 7:04am
my question and im sure alot of other people here is why did you have a argument reguarding the wof!

johnf_456, Apr 23, 7:12am
Read post one again, mechanic was rude and arrogant thats the problem. I try to avoid people like that also for any job even the painter etc. The last thing you do is be rude to customers very un proffesional, they pay your / our wages.

steve312, Apr 23, 8:05am
Read post 1 again."We had an argument with the guy at the WOF place ", pretty much sums it up.I get sick of dealing with back yard mechanics that argue the point about WOF failures when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.An exhaust leak is a fail.Simple!How can you argue that fact.Fix the problem and take it back for a recheck.

As mentioned above, you can take your vehicle for as many checks at different garages as you want.You will just have to keep paying for the checks, whereas you are entitled to free rechecks at the original inspection provider.You also run the risk of the new inspection agency finding additional faults that were overlooked or considered acceptable by the original inspector.

johnf_456, Dec 4, 3:08am
:)

I thought that was the case