Vw, nz cars have cheat software

Page 1 / 2
secca2, Oct 5, 9:43pm
Dear customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification Number WVGZZZ----------- you submitted, is affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. Volkswagen will cover the cost of all necessary measures, and do everything in its power to win back your trust.

Your Volkswagen dealer will contact you as soon as possible in order to inform you of measures that need to be taken. In the case that you do not have a Volkswagen dealer contact we kindly ask you to get in touch with us via the contact function on this website.

Yours faithfully,

Volkswagen.

http://volkswagen.co.nz/diesel-emission-statement/?gclid=COWErofjqcgCFYkGvAodsvwM1Q

ema1, Oct 5, 11:54pm
It's going to take an eternity to win back trust of the populous on this one I reckon, it's going to be a big cost for VAG VW Group and might I suggest that this . what we've been made privy to so far is just merely the "Tip Of The Iceberg ! " Mark my words.
If it turns ruinous for them then so be it. if so then serves them bloody well right, I have absolutely no sympathy for those that set out to hoodwink and deceive the way VAG VW Group has done and have ADMITTED TO doing so !
The plot is rapidly thickening, it MIGHT (note might) end up all consuming in the end
No matter the end result . it will be mighty damaging.

intrade, Oct 6, 12:19am
lol i would be glad if i had that software in my vw its all bullox anyhow the emission laws are made by some brain dead morons with no clue what so ever about reality . i seen a wolf and next thing its a wear wolf and we all are going to die lol. thats about the bullcrap they are feeding you.

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 12:28am
Yeah damn those brain dead morons for trying to stop cars from emitting so many dangerous pollutants

It's not like it isn't possible to legitimately pass the tests - VW could have done so but chose to cheat instead

tamarillo, Oct 6, 12:35am
Remember most people out there have little information about this, don't know whether their car is a 1.6 or 2 litre, don't know Audi and Skoda are part of VW group, and don't really give a damn. Not saying this won't have an effect, but feel us motoring enthusiast are actually a minority.
Heard someone on national program saying he'd had a VW before and might think twice about it now, and anyway liked his Audi.

intrade, Oct 6, 12:37am
this is exactly the point the so called dangerous pollutants are a fruit fly is turned in to a elefant
Do you even know how the test works its flawed from start to finish and they all know about it , they just say wohooo we did not know when in fact they had legislated these cheats in to the test they all cheat the ony difference is they follow the leagel cheat holes in the test
8% have the imissions improofed since the late 90s cars and the test graph show emissions have improofed by 50% or more on paper.
When real world test of all cars show the best to be 8% better emissions only the rest is cheating on the lab with the legal loop holes.
like i said once before stealing is ok unless you admit to it it seems.

ema1, Oct 6, 1:21am
Or until being caught out?

intrade, Oct 6, 1:23am
vw groupe is "vw -audi-seat-skoda and even porsche are part of vw sub-groupe albeit more distant the others are pure vw with diffrent badges and designe all use vw power plants. the cayenne is a modded touareg. vcds rosstech will do all but porsche for factory diagnostic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group

ema1, Oct 6, 1:25am
Sounds like you have got yourself jammed/stuck in the 1990's intrade and anything since has the "label" moron attached.
Wow if that's progress then I'm damned if I know what it is?
Seems VW. VAG had to cheat to keep pace with time. by as you said earlier "taking a short cut"( in another thread) that backfired in a startling fashion.

intrade, Oct 6, 1:31am
they all use the loop holes its why emissions on paper are so good and its why all these cars use way more fuel in the real world then in the lab. in the lab they have all the exploits in the legislation to use for legally fakeing emissions and fuelconsumptions. all legal exploits . what vw did is illegal because they bundled the exploits in to 1 packet of software, So wahooo thats illegal you must split up the exploits and comply with each loop hole like the others do.
This is what really happend vw just bundled it and jumped the gun, so technically they are cheaters because they dont induvidually exploit the legislated loop holes.

bill-robinson, Oct 6, 1:34am
I am horrified that VW would sell cars here without the special clean green NZ software fitted (pulls out 2of 3 hairs left in head)

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 1:38am
Emissions and fuel consumption are connected not the same thing

Your posts show you do not understand the issue we're discussing

intrade, Oct 6, 1:40am
german tv has loads of documentation videos its to bad its not in english
one real good one was the story about the hybrid emission scam
in the lab they calculate a algorithm for the hybrid car to be recharged every 21km distance it travels. This lowers the emitted emissions on paper dramatically and its all legal becouse its a allowed loop hole for testing
Everyone in this world knows no one is going to recharge a electric hybrid suv after only traveling 21 kilometers in the real world
but thats how these vehicles have so good low emissions on paper after this legal cheat in the lab. This is just 1 cheat explained there is plenty more.

tony9, Oct 6, 1:55am
My neighbor has one of these cheating, toxic pollution belching monsters. How much compensation should I demand?

intrade, Oct 6, 2:01am
you better get your car tested you dont do a emission test on your car do you, guarantee you your one is belching out way more then what it should, infact over 90% of cars in nz would fail a emission test.
aecs was lobbying the government since years to have emissions tested on nz cars tail pipes.
fact is you all be walking including me my corollas cat has melted down probably 200,000km ago when the oxigen sensor died.

tamarillo, Oct 6, 2:03am
You forgot a couple of manufactures there.

mm12345, Oct 6, 2:05am
10 to 40x his best offer.

gsimpson, Oct 6, 2:12am
I think you jumped on him a little hard there. You would have had a point if he had used but instead of and

tony9, Oct 6, 2:18am
Nah, the wife's 2 year old Fiesta will be sweet.

And my old diesel runs on 25% waste oil so it is recycling pollutants, actually it is probably greener than the Fiesta.

elect70, Oct 6, 2:32am
ilook at it a bit differently they put software in to fool the dyno emission test only but then doesnt adversly affect its performance or fuel consumption . Ok its cheating but hardly the end of the world . Bet others do it but havent been caught yet . So pay a big fine & get on with it . If your an owner why would you care & it certainly wouldnt put me off buying 1 if i was so inclined

bumfacingdown, Oct 6, 2:40am

butterfly05, Oct 6, 2:43am
I dont like VW but I agree with the Nissan CEO on this one. The whole thing is a bit of a setup to leverage diesels out of the american market and keep the US automakers on top. Same as the toyota accelerator pedal issue. The US govt is totally controlled and owned by corporations.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/vw-scandal-renault-nissan-ceo-criticises-us-crackdown-european-diesel-cars-1522231

vtecintegra, Oct 6, 3:00am
That would have more bearing if the crackdown wasn't happening in Europe too.

Even before this latest VW thing diesel was pretty much a dead duck - just look at the problems in Paris

mm12345, Oct 6, 3:11am
It would also have more credibility if the problems that VW have got themselves in to were discovered for the reasons he suggested.
It was actually the reverse - tests were carried out with the intention of providing data on just how "clean green" these new technology diesels were, as they were being promoted as a viable alternative to hybrids with regards to CO2 emissions. The high NOx emissions came as a surprise.

mm12345, Oct 6, 3:18am
And as far as Nissan:renault alliance goes, they're going to be hurt - not necessarily through their own cause, by the fallout from this - the likely impact on sales of all diesel cars in Europe. BMW too - 35% of their production is diesel, vs only 25% for VAG. It's not good news for any of the auto makers selling diesels in Europe, including Ford and GM.