4.1 falcon carbs

bubbles52, Sep 13, 8:43am
looking for a suitable carb for a xf falcon, looking towards a holley, any other recommendations or is the standard carb fine thanks

mrcat1, Sep 13, 8:49am
I had a XD years ago that i used to 1/4 mile with the 4.1 cast iron head engine, I put a set of Webbers down the side, they were down draughts but some oddball type that had not other obstruction in the venturies, the choke was on the back of them, i could undo the tops off them and slide out the air venturies and put them back together and to change the main jet i undid a plug on the side on them, i cant remember what model they were but Webber Specialties on the North Shore in Auckland did them all including the aftermarket manifold. This was in the very early 90's, so not sure if they are still going but worth trying them, cost me well over $1k for the set up, But worth it.

oramac, Sep 13, 9:02am
Try holley 2 barrel 350cfm model 2300, Redline in Australia used to make manifolds to suit, for Falcon and Holden sixes.

fordcrzy, Oct 24, 4:05pm
the xf carbs are a pain in the ass. get a holley. our xf with electronic ignition but carb'd turned into a nightmare