STOLEN THIS MORNING SUBARU GT WAGON

phoenixtwo, Sep 13, 2:49am
Taken this morning approx 4am from Wellington St, Auckland city and apparently used in an "incident" according to police.
The car is a 91 Gun metal colour GT Legacy Wagon, paint peel on the bonnet and roof, towbar, aftermarket mags, rear muflaps and tinted windows.
This was my old Sooby that i have owned since 1999, which i let my 18 yr old son use as he just recently started working at his first job.
We could only afford third party insurance, unfortunately.

His girlfriends car was stolen 2 weeks ago also and trashed.
These poor kids are trying to make a go of it, and the little @#@*** ruin it for them.
If anyone has seen this car please le me or the Auckland police know. I am not sure what the "incident" was, most likely a robbery or something.
Rego is EUK 784
Not Fair
Regards, Angie.

trdbzr, Sep 13, 2:58am
Subaru's are one of the most stolen cars in NZ. Police don't really bother looking for them to be honest. Less than 30% of stolen cars actually get recovered. Main thing is making sure you have insurance and have atleast a semi decent alarm to keep away the opportunist thieves.

bevharris1938, Sep 13, 3:11am
Yep they dont give a shit (the cops) when i reposted my rx7 stolen in 1999 in glendene west auckland , they said we will give you a call when it turns up. They gave me a call 6 days later , we found your car in swanson , it at the tow yard go and get it. Totally stripped , sold the body for $300 , $4000 car.

kiwicon, Sep 13, 3:50am
My RS got stolen a few years ago, full insurance. was found burnt out. insurance company got a "insurance investorgator" to come question me like if I had stolen it myself. couldn't find anything, then said No we are not going to pay you out anyway because you did not mention you had a previous criminal record. not major, and was over 8yrs before I applied for insurance. they (Name and shame AMI) still said even thou it was over the 7yr cut off i should have mentioned it to them. took it to an ombudsmen, he didnt give a crap either. bye bye 12k+ (at that time)

Good luck finding your car. in one bit. or at least a big bag of money stashed under the seat haha

thejazzpianoma, Sep 13, 3:59am
The worst thing you can do is rely on the Police. It would be better if people knew that not only will they generally not make any effort/enquiries about stolen vehicles and goods, but worse if you find it yourself and request assistance they will usually let you down.

There is nothing more disheartening than tracking down a criminal or stolen goods handing over all the information to the Police, and then find they have done nothing and the person/goods have gone.

Unfortunately until there is admission that their are massive problems with the Police nothing can be done to fix those problems. Criminals will continue to thrive, insurance premiums will remain higher than they need and most sadly more lives will be lost needlessly.

rocker_553, Sep 13, 8:42am
Mention that there were firearms in the car. That will get them right on it, useless d***s

sakofan, Sep 13, 9:16am
I had a really done up MR2 for 8 days before it got taken from a public car park. 4 star security system did nothing to stop the theft. Just got ripped out and still they managed to start it.
Anyway, a few days later I got a letter from the cops saying my car had been spotted street racing - Officer there at the time did nothing even though I reported it stolen within hours of it being traken (how can they possibly miss it being stolen when they run the plates!) Heard from them again a few weeks later - car was in a tow yard. Spoke to the insurance firm, their assessor had seen it already, said it wasn't worth the repair and they paid out.

B@$TARDS! You work, you earn.you can't have anything nice anymore.

trdbzr, Sep 14, 2:58am
Subaru's are one of the most stolen cars in NZ. Police don't really bother looking for them to be honest. Less than 30% of stolen cars actually get recovered. Main thing is making sure you have insurance and have atleast a semi decent alarm to keep away the opportunist thieves.

sakofan, Sep 14, 9:16am
I had a really done up MR2 for 8 days before it got taken from a public car park. 4 star security system did nothing to stop the theft. Just got ripped out and still they managed to start it.
Anyway, a few days later I got a letter from the cops saying my car had been spotted street racing - Officer there at the time did nothing even though I reported it stolen within hours of it being traken (how can they possibly miss it being stolen when they run the plates!) Heard from them again a few weeks later - car was in a tow yard. Spoke to the insurance firm, their assessor had seen it already, said it wasn't worth the repair and they paid out.

B@$TARDS! You work, you earn.you can't have anything nice anymore.

ginga4lyfe, Sep 14, 1:03pm
you are lucky if they didnt root the engine, the ignition wont be too much from a subaru wrecker, ask them to supply you with all the door locks aswell with the key and ignition, and get it all swapped over to the new locks to suit the new key and ign, then install a alarm, any will do, and then install the loudest horn/siren you can to it so that when it does get tampered with, the offenders ears will bleed and no one can help but have a look into the matter

johnf_456, Sep 14, 10:01pm
Good to hear you got it back minus the damage sadly, all the best on getting it sorted.

gedo1, Sep 14, 11:03pm
I hear from those I would trust for accurate information, that the reason the Subaru is the most stolen brand is because of the need for repairs and to keep the cost of repairing down.When related to the average age and socio-economic grouping of the average Subaru owner I find it easy to believe

trdbzr, Sep 15, 12:32am
General rule of thumb is, it doesn't really matter if a alarm is a 2 star or a 5 star. The difference between having an alarmed car stolen or not depends on how well the alarm has been installed. The harder the 'brain' is to find, the more likely chance of the thieves giving up. Star ratings are mainly just for insurance purposes. You can have a 5 star alarm installed improperly and some no-star alarm installed properly and the no star alarmed car has less chance of being taken. The thing is you have to find a top alarm installer that knows what he/she is doing, most places just chuck it in anywhere and just want your $$$. Also get some very loud sirens installed inside the car. The louder it is, the more higher chance the thieves have of not bothering to stay inside the car trying to disarm the alarm and start it up. However, there are some very professionals thieves in the country who can take your car despite it having the best alarm and the best install,an alarm will only keep the opportunist thieves away, not the professionals.

fryan1962, Sep 15, 1:01am
Stolen Cars Auckland Region on facebook is very good a lot of skylines and subaru

divermark, Sep 15, 8:48am
Pro install + tracker = keep car

pieman33h, Sep 18, 11:30pm
best alarm i have found so far is a hyper active blue heeler. works for dog biscuits and is completely portable, funny how many people are frightend of a barking dog!

leighfrancesca, Nov 7, 1:17pm
Nah I wouldn't trust an alarm system that can be deactivated by a tray of sausages!