V8 Supercars. Racing in austentexas from 2013 amp bathurst to be shown live in nth america this yearwho said its dying

Page 2 / 2
bill-robinson, Sep 17, 10:26pm
if the monaro is so good why do people buy other cars! I do not think I have ever seen one, but I have seen lots of exotica from other makers. Just another light car big engine combo, be quick at drag racing but I like proper cars

nave12, Sep 18, 12:07am
A couple of quotes from another forum i read awhile back
The 427 MONARO entered by GRM/HOLDEN MOTORSPORT, was a sham! Those things had hardly anything production based about them. There are still other teams seething about that BATHURST 24HR scam of a victory! Those cars were shells over tube frame nothing remotely production based! Plenty of people, walked into their friendly local holden dealer pluncked their money down and bought one of those things! YEAH RIGHT! Those things should have NEVER been allowed to race, the Bathurst 24HR lost ALL credibility after that, DAMN CHEATS!

It was basically a V8 Supercar. Even had a Hollinger gearbox, V8SC brakes and whatever gear Garry Rodgers had laying around the workshop that he could take from V8SC and fit. Was a total farce, all the cars it competed against were essentially road cars with rollcages, suspension mods and other minor upgrades, whereas the 427 was basically built from the ground up as a racecar.

Also Holden put together the plan for producing the 25-50 cars needed to sell to enter the race then went on to can the project cause they were going to lose to much money on the deal(as they put it).The 80 deposits that were taken on the cars were refunded and a very angry mob of upset would be owners were left fuming and a lot of them felt they were victims of a cheaply cunning marketing ploy.

quickbuck, Sep 18, 7:01am
Okay, okay, Great thread hyjack! NOT.

It is awesome V8 Supercars are being shown in America.
I agree, it is a shame the local TV channel over here can't put them on at a diecent time.
Wait until midnight to show someting just over the water with a 2 hour time difference is darn stupid!

carkitter, Sep 18, 10:20pm
I drive plenty of exotica at work and when we get a Holden come in it feels like a third-rate POS. Late-model Falcons are better, at least I don't cringe when I see one parked alongside an Audi R8 or RS6.

I'm pretty unimpressed that TV3 choose to put the V8 Supercar racing on son late tonight. No-one will stay up to 3:20am on a Monday morning to watch it, they'll record it which means they'll watch it perhaps Monday night and miss all of TV3's Monday night primetime programming.

Worse, they choose to play 'The 40 yr old Virgin' at 8:30pm. Why not feature the V8 Supercars from 8:30pm instead. They could still run the same ads and gain the same revenue.

Time to write to AVESCO I think.

3tomany, Sep 18, 10:46pm
i recon tv3 are killing the ratings so they can get it cheaper at renewal time "ayholes"

vivarichie, Sep 18, 10:57pm
Another example of TV3 ruining the V8 coverage again. At least when they switched it from tv3 to tv4 half way through you could still watch it but showing the main race at midnight is stupid. (The race is actually on at our time about 3:30pm til 7:30pm).
Little tip I learned - Sign up on the V8 Supercars website with an Australian address and you can watch it online for free, no hassles.
Thats what I have had to do with the Saturday races this season with the crappy TV3 coverage.

elect70, Nov 6, 5:56pm
How many Monaro 427s were soldas production cars! Bit like thenissan GTR-FAvirtually a 1 off racer. Calvin Bonney bought 1 for racing here in GT3 but didnt do very well, dont know what he did with it,hasnt been seen for several seasons.