Anyone bought new falcon springs recently!

xacoon, Sep 17, 2:11am
where from what brand and price please. after new front coils for an xa wanting to know pricing difference between repco and everywhere else, unfortunately repco is all we have in this one horsepower town.

falcon15, Sep 17, 2:56am
try cobra springs in christchurch they make there springs and are resonably priced. google them

xacoon, Sep 17, 4:13am
yeh they're the buggers they have at repco, $270 a pair through them

crzyhrse, Sep 17, 10:53am
Heard of buying off the internet!

tokyo_rose, Sep 17, 11:20am
Bellamy & East (spring makers) in chch were doing new coils, not sure if they still are or may be chamberlain springs in chch.
What are you after v8 or 6 cyl springs!
Spent many a day years ago with the v8 coons sml & big block ones.
cheers Red

xacoon, Sep 17, 6:50pm
yep but a lot of places wont sell direct, need to go through a dealer, and within the country it is easier to just ring, but being the weekend, most places are closed so I can't ring them.

xacoon, Sep 17, 7:09pm
looks like chamberlain make cobra springs, will ring bellamy and east on monday. thanks. just a 6 this round, 250 2v

desmodave, Sep 17, 7:31pm
Chamberlains could retemper your springs if you wanted.Thier factory is at the rear of thier suspention work shop.

xacoon, Sep 17, 7:35pm
yeh had thought of that too, got ute leaves to reset and put in but I think I will just replace the coils, its not for lowering it is the springs are buggered.

myjg33, Sep 17, 9:53pm
XA threw to XF will fit,if thats any help.

tokyo_rose, Sep 17, 10:38pm
Anton runs B&E but Roger Keys is the foreman, both have donkey years of experiance & been there since year dot that i can remember of.
Can gary forde down at glenavy garage not be able get other springs from wholesalers that are dealer only!
Gary was from down south many years ago when we all had the ford bug & may be worth while having a yarn to since he is near your area sort of. catch you up in the other forum section. Red

tokyo_rose, Sep 17, 10:39pm
Repco. Rip Every Poor Customer Off

xacoon, Sep 17, 10:56pm
Yeh I know gary, guy knows how to talk. shame bunter sold that garage he was good at what he did. going to have a yarn to a couple of mechanic mates see what they can get, coon needs a wof this week so will enquire then.

crzyhrse, Sep 17, 11:26pm
Retailers are more than happy to deal via email if you don't have daytime phone access. Or online from Australia - probably save a bundle doing it that way too.

bellky, Sep 18, 5:01am
get in touch with autolign

xacoon, Nov 8, 4:05pm
chamberlains, $200inc. repco charging 270 for the same thing. I'm happy with 2 hundy