Toyota Corolla GLX 2002

firob, Sep 18, 9:56am
Looking at buying.Any owners out there recommend for trouble free motoring or any common probs.

phillip.weston, Sep 18, 10:13am
Generally no problems with them. Reliable as the day is long. For a 2002 model I wouldn't be paying anything over $8-9k for something with 80-120kms. In my opinion I think there's far better cars out there in the same class which would be more enjoyable and nearly as reliable for the same or lesser price.

golfgti, Sep 18, 10:15am
You can't go wrong, but beige interior marks easily. Have done just over 100000km in our 03 model, we treat it like a slave treats a donkey and it just keeps going, zero faults.On the down side - IT HAS NO SOUL!

phillip.weston, Sep 18, 10:18am
Exactly. And when you factor in it only has two air bags (unless previous owner ticked all the options) and not many other creature comforts, it makes alternatives such as a well priced Mk4 Golf stand out as a more viable alternative.

golfgti, Sep 18, 10:20am
We had a Mk 4 Golf and it was a nightmare, but didn't stop us buying a MK6 - It's got soul

vtecintegra, Sep 18, 11:40am
Mark 4 Golf has no soul either, but fortunately they regained it with the next model

smoothgroove, Sep 18, 11:52am
Generally reliable. But most "modern" Japanese cars are.
But the Corolla just has no "game"!

phillip.weston, Sep 18, 11:56am
maybe the base model 2.0 doesn't but the 1.8 GTi 5-spd and the 2.3 V5 tiptronics I've driven certainly did!

vtecintegra, Sep 18, 12:05pm
We'll have to agree to disagree then

Sure the 1.8T has a load of low end torque but the chassis just isn't there (even compared to a Corolla)

golfgti, Nov 6, 2:15am
Our MK 4 was alate 02 V5, Great engine, rubbish reliability.Our MK 6 is the R model, fun car.