Head Unit with Rear AUX!

jellybean88, Sep 26, 1:21am
Hi all,

Just wondering if any one can recommend a head unit with a read aux in connection. I would like to hard wire my ipod in from the rear but seems all the new models have the aux on the front

cjohnw, Sep 26, 1:24am
Depending on your vehicle you can fit one of these and do it wirelessly via bluetooth.

Have just fitted one to wife's Mazda 3 and it works a treat.

http://www.gromaudio.com/

jellybean88, Sep 26, 1:26am
Thats definatly something to look into. Looks like a great idea

saxman99, Sep 26, 2:05am
My Pioneer units have a rear USB socket with iPod control built into the stereo.Not sure exact model number sorry, have a look around.I was so impressed with the one I bought that I went and got 3 more and fitted to all our four vehicles.We just use a USB stick with ours, rather than iPod but either works great.

ryanm2, Sep 26, 2:32am
yeah, quite a few now have dual USB ports. 1 in front and 1 in rear.

trdbzr, Sep 26, 4:14am
Why not just use a usb instead! No worries about having to charge an ipod and if some lowlife does ever break into your car/takes your car then you wont lose your ipod, only a cheap usb.

hamtostie, Sep 27, 7:57am
I have used a couple of the Panasonics and they have been great, either the CQ-C5403W or the CQ-C3403W. The models are a few years old, but have Rear AUX and some pretty good features. They pop up from time to time on Trademe.

Also, you can get a cord 'CA-DC300N' that also charges and controls ipods (doesn't charge the new iphones, but controls them) off the head unit. They started off at $100, but Superheap had them for $15 the other day, and again, they turn up on Trademe for cheap as they are older models.

divermark, Oct 2, 4:45am
Alpine CDE-123e, CDE-125ebt, CDA-105e, CDA-117e, CDA-9887e
all have rear iPod input from memory.
Or you could go for one of the new Sony DSX models with internal iPod tray, very cool.

trdbzr, Dec 2, 8:09am
How long is a piece of string! Headunits can range from $99-$800 for a non dvd unit and speakers can range from $20-$1000+. You need to give us a price range so we can recommend what will be the best options for you.