Injector pump questions

dspeed, Sep 26, 9:45pm
I have got a injector pump on a tractor that was getting presure to the injector pump and at the by-pass but nothing coming out of the injectors (has been bled). I have replaced the injector pump and it is doing the same thing. Timing was put back the same as the old injector pump. Any Ideas as to what I might be missing. Thanks

mm12345, Nov 22, 4:57pm
Bleed it again - you may need to pump much more than you think to get all air out of the system, and it doesn't take much air at all to cause problems.I'm assuming that you're bleeding it at the pump, not just bleeding at the fuel filter - as you'd do after replacing the filter.
How are you sure there's nothing coming out the injectors - or could it have another problem meaning it won't start (glow plugs/compression etc)!
Apart from that, could be all sorts of things, loss of drive to the pump (ie a key on the main pump shaft fell out when you were reassembling the drive gear), a leak somewhere, or a blockage if there's a gauze filter somewhere, the injectors could be blocked (unlikely all at once), the fuel lines not connected in the right order.Was the replacement pump new or properly reconditioned, or just a used pump!