SUBARU 1998 BH FUEL PUMP

fish1963, Nov 17, 6:59am
can someone tell me where the fuel pump is located on a 1998 bh wagon!
i thought i had found it under the passengers backseat.
removed unit from the tank to find it is only a fuel gauge sender and fuel pickpup line.but no pump!

franc123, Nov 17, 7:09am
I think on those the pump is located under another cover which is behind the seat back, you will have to pull up the carpeting in the forward area of the boot comparment to find it.

fish1963, Nov 17, 7:24am
thanks for reply franc123.
the first place i looked was behind the back drivers side seat and found nothing.
you my be right.
it might be on the opposite side.
will have another look tomorrow.

hijacka, Nov 17, 9:45am
It is on the drivers side under the seat hidden under a panel,the fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump housing so if your replacing the pump might as well do the filter at the same time.people will try selling you a walbro gss 342 for it but don't bother.as they don't fit properly because they hit the bottom of the tank with the filter bag on even with the small 90'' bag. a walbro gss340 would be the right replacement but goodluck finding 1.

hijacka, Nov 17, 10:08am
That's under the Rear seat on the Drivers side ok.or being a wagon it might actually be behind the back driver side seat under the carpet

mellisa2000, Nov 17, 10:37am
in Wagon, forward part of rear tray behind rear seat. Maye OP has not clicked that the "Filter" is actually the pump!

jokerboss, Nov 17, 9:02pm
in the tank is what the above are trying to tell you, lift the seats, remove cover to reveal fuel tank, that next hatch has the pump and filter all in one basically

fish1963, Nov 21, 8:05am
hi,thanks for the replies.
it is a wagon and thought i had found the pump under the left rear seat.
undid the connector and the hose and lifted unit clear of tank.
there is no pump,only a filter bag,and the fuel gauge sender unit.
it is a 1998 bh wagon.it is different than the bg5 or bg9.
must be a seperate pump somewhere!

mugenb20b, Nov 21, 8:10am
So why would a sender unit have a "hose" and a "filter"!

fish1963, Nov 21, 8:24am
the unit has a filter bag at the bottom,which is attached to a hose,which comes out the top of the unit,and must go to a seperate pump from there.
i know the units off the earlier models have the pump directly above the filter bag.
this one does'nt.

hijacka, Nov 21, 8:27am
Don't remember the ''driverside''-
being the left side!.not in this country anyway

mellisa2000, Mar 25, 11:55am