Electric fuel pump

mk3zephyr, Oct 29, 10:32am
Some fella's i know have put an old 350 into an old offroader that they are going to use as a paddock racer (nutters lol) any way they broke the fuel pump putting it in and havnt got another, would any of you know what sort of electric fuel pump out of a wreck they could use to get it going, One of the guys uncle has a wrecking yard,So could get a pump out of something that runs around 6psi (dunno what flow it needs tho) to run a carbie, any ideas!, I suppose they could run any old thing out of an injected car (that isnt an in tank pump), But then would need a regulator. Just trying to help the boys out, keep them off the road for a bit eh.

owene, Oct 29, 11:19am
Why not get another mechanical one - they are extremely reliable. Plenty around, i might be able to find one, even a new and genuine AC Delco one.

mk3zephyr, Oct 29, 11:25am
well one of the young fella's uncles has a wrecking yard and could just get an electric one for next to nothing, I have a couple of mechanical ones as well but they wanted an electric one for what ever reason, told them i would ask as someone may know of a suitable pump from a doner car, or otherwise i could possibly donate one of my mechanical ones but young fella's being young Fella's they want to rig up an electric one, reckon some old bloke told them mechanical ones rob you of power and shorten the life of a starter motor

loudnproud, Oct 29, 2:02pm
bro all i can say is a holley red pump. very reliable and consistant pump

the-lada-dude, Oct 29, 6:05pm
jaguar , old morrie, / austang. ( this lastcombo could be a eletromagnetic rev limiter,might just save their arse! )

mariska67, Jan 17, 6:04pm
go mechanical again, in case of a rollover or similar ,