Question about Mechanic's Labour

nickolaz, Oct 5, 6:28am
Does it seem right to be charged for 2.75 hours worth of labour to fix and change over a suspension bush! I just got a WOF of a 2000 Subaru Legacy Sedan and this is what needed done. So when I got $206.25 for labour, plus 85 for the suspension bush, plus the cost of new wiper blades and the price of the WOF itself I was a bit shocked. Does this seem right!

mugenb20b, Oct 5, 6:30am
Depends on the bush, its location and how easily it comes out.

franc123, Oct 5, 6:42am
If its the one I'm thinking of, the voided control arm pivot bush if that means anything to you, its not out there.Removing and replacing the arm is easy enough but extracting and replacing the bush itself its a bit of a pain and you have to be careful with installing it.They can be a very tight fit and its easy to wreck it.The last ones I did took about 3.5-4hr but that was both sides.

zoltec45, Oct 5, 8:45am
Depends what bush but are you sure it wasnt two bushes- one for each side! I would have done both as if ones gone the others usually not too far behind.

nickolaz, Dec 10, 2:49am
Hmmm ok thanks guys. I swear he quoted me 130 to fix it over the phone, minus GST, not minus labour though.