Tauranga, recommend a mechanic for cambelt

cautis, Nov 17, 6:41pm
replacement please.Car is a 2000 Impreza.Would prefer not to go to the Subaru place in the Mount.Thanks.

the-lada-dude, Nov 17, 7:04pm
if you dont expect it to be done in a day, or 2hrs 48 min 36.5766 sec like some of the boasting that goes on here then i know of someone that maybe able to help !

cautis, Nov 17, 7:05pm
How long does it usually take!I've never owned a car long enough to have the cam belt done lol.

the-lada-dude, Nov 17, 9:25pm
it all depends on the complexityof the engine
if you post exactly what type of engine your impresa has there's heaps of fella's on this site can give you a pretty accuratecosting

jsbike, Nov 17, 9:39pm
Your looking at $500 minimum for just the belt if its a quad cam model. Double it (at least) if you wish to also to the idlers and tensioner. Add a little more to that if you also wish to get the water pump done.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 10:44pm
If you want a good honest mechanic that does a quality job and dosn't charge the earth I can't recommend "The Garage LTD" enough. They are located in "the junction" industrial area at Papamoa.

vr4_legnum, Nov 17, 11:02pm
Give me a email on one of my wanted listing and I can give you the number of my mate who is a mechanic who works from home. He does a great job with really great prices.

gasngo2, Nov 17, 11:31pm
go see brian @ avenue auto port,not sure of address,he will see you right.

cautis, Nov 17, 11:34pm
Thanks but I can't really do out of Tauranga itself.

cautis, Nov 17, 11:36pm
Uuummm.I can say it's a 1.5, non-turbo.And that's all, sorry.:)

cautis, Nov 17, 11:42pm
Thank you will check him out this afternoon!

the-lada-dude, Nov 17, 11:54pm
x1
1500ccnon turbo2000 impessa.do they honestly make one!
what's a proper mechanic !.Oh you mean some son of a bitch that managed to get a trade cert and works on vehicles wearing a striped apron and brandishing a meat cleaver, pleasant smile, and the ever jovial and comforting words,
" she'll be right mate "

vr4_legnum, Nov 18, 1:25am
No worrys but he is a proper mechanic with a business that he run from home.

thunderbolt, Nov 18, 1:41am
EJ15 SOHC, the cost just came down a fair amount.

grangies, Nov 18, 3:15am
Since when have Papamoa not been part of Tauranga!

fordcrzy, Nov 18, 3:27am
lets face it.most of Papamoa should be called
"Te Puke north"HaHa!

laidbare, Nov 18, 8:11am
hi there go see gary at pacific motors near frazer cove

bexx13, Nov 18, 8:17am
RS Automotive are all good.

cautis, Mar 16, 6:40am
Thanks for that but I have to go to a proper mechanic cos the price will be added to my car loan.