Little help re purchasing car

Page 1 / 2
shaz1990, Oct 4, 9:12pm
Bid and won a car, went to pick it up, took on test drive.Overheated about 2kms down the road and then had to be pushed back into sellers driveway as it would not start again.Had damage to the front bumper (quite severe).This car has now been relisted and states relisted due to time waster - I do not consider myself a time waster - this car was not advertised correctly and the relist does not mention the front bumper damage or the overheating problem.I am pissed and want to state on his auction what really happened - suggestions for and against welcome.Cheers

fordkiwi27, Oct 4, 9:25pm
why didnt you go to see the car before bidding!

shaz1990, Oct 4, 9:30pm
Couldn't get there and was only a 3 day auction, did state to seller this was the case and was told was not a problem that if I did not want it once I test drove it - I just don't want some other poor person to waste their time on it.The seller is the time waster I think he should be honest.

crzyhrse, Oct 4, 9:44pm
Alarm bells should have rung on a 3-day auction and if you didn't have the time to go look, you accepted the risk by bidding.

shaz1990, Oct 4, 10:01pm
Yep thats the one - and yes I understand that it is buyer beware but would I not be doing everyone else a favour by pointing out this car is a lemon!

shaz1990, Oct 4, 10:02pm
Now relisted under this listing

Listing #: 412348908

tgray, Oct 4, 10:40pm
Well from the pics, the seller really wants you to know how nice the boot looks!

r15, Oct 4, 11:36pm
here you go

rumour has it this car overheats when driven - is this correct! r15 (152 )12:35 pm, Wed 5 Oct

shaz1990, Oct 5, 1:26am
Hey thanks dude or dudette - be interesting to see if he answers
Cheers Claire

shaz1990, Oct 5, 1:28am
Just had a look he has withdrawn it after your question r15 - good stuff!

bellky, Oct 5, 1:32am
well done - let's keep an eye out for it.

shaz1990, Oct 5, 1:35am
And I have just given him a red face and posted feedback explaining what the issue was.Now I will probably get one too, but at least I know other people will not be inconvenienced by this shyster!Thanks for all your help

ringo2, Oct 5, 1:44am
No he hasn't it is still there.

bellky, Oct 5, 1:46am
no it's not!

ringo2, Oct 5, 1:46am
And it has just been sold for $802.00

bellky, Oct 5, 1:47am
no it was withdrawn silly

pericles, Oct 5, 1:53am
I suspect shill bidding in both auctions

bellky, Oct 5, 1:59am
they are clearly dishonest traders - i have bl'd them.

gabbysnana, Oct 5, 6:54am
He says"i dont know anything about the vehicle " then goes on to tell you everything about the vehicle. There are heaps of scams and crap cars on TM , the DT is full of claims every day.

franc123, Oct 5, 7:06am
Old BMW's are amongst the last vehicles you should be buying unchecked, the fact that it was allegedly a repo should have the alarm bells sounding twice as loud as usual.People that haven't been making their payments sure as hell haven't been giving their car the maintenance it needs.If you walked away with a full refund you got off lightly, lesson learned!

grangies, Oct 5, 7:08am
Stated in the original auction.

""similiar to mercedes audi vw holden ford subaru nissan or toyota honda or a volvo""

LOL.

franc123, Oct 5, 7:11am
yeah I reckon, why not use relevant keywords like lemon, cooked, dog, junker, bag of mysteries, wallet drainer.

h.e, Oct 5, 7:22am
you gave him a red face! he let you back out of the agreement why the hell would you give him a reddy.YOU bid on a unseen car,that was YOUR mistake not his,YOU backed out of the deal not him,its just a pity trade me doesnt deal to traders like you with bannings

fordcrzy, Oct 5, 8:42am
just reading that auction SCREAMS dodgy car.

all the photos of the back of the car and ONE blurry front shot should scream out "front end damage"

also where he states "i don't know anything about the car".thats his way of saying that he can deny any knowledge of the cars faults that he hasnt disclosed.
also "wof was passed on alloy wheels . since then has factory wheels put on it! as in photos" so it now has possibly unwarrantable tyres.

AND if the car really was a repo'd car then where the hell did he get the factory wheels from to replace the mags that were on it!

not to mention all the "new traders" bidding in previous auctions.

DODGY DODGY DODGY

tgray, Oct 5, 6:21pm
Watch out for it at turners auctions next week.
That's were all the 'dealers' get rid of all their duds, because there's no come back.