Motor scam troll

kevlight, Oct 21, 7:35am
got TX from this dude+442032892491 Walkindallgmail.com

i am interested in your carlistedon trade Me please tell me the interior condition of the car,

its a convertible !with pictures of the seats in plain sight !

third TX in three months and two advises from TM that its a scammer

phillip.weston, Oct 21, 7:42am
<------------------ enter 'walkingdall' into the search box to the left and then choose from the last year date posted.

aj254, Oct 21, 7:48am
My brother got a txt from someone asking questions about the interior of a vehicle he was selling on TM.
It was a .KTM trail bike!

owene, Oct 21, 7:54am
That's a UK number which is dead. I have a UK voip phone and have just tried it!

asb237, Oct 21, 9:03pm
i got a text this morning from a number in Illinois USA about my bike auction. When i responded, i got this email; SCAM!

Thanks for the prompt reply,I would like to know the lowest price for it,i want you to get back to me with more picture and the present condition of it because i could not come over to inspect it, i am buying it locally here as a birthday gift for my Son that is living in Malaysia
I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine biologist (i workon the St-Lawrence river in Quebec. my office: Pilotes du Bas-St-Laurent] and due to the nature of my work, phone calls is restricted. It was my son that check your advert and sent you a text to contact me (his mother ) on my email address because i am currently offshore.
Iam really sure he will be more than happy if i am able to purchase it from you because this is what he want and chose from the Advert.
You need not worry yourself about how it will get to him there in Malaysia as i have a contact of shipping company there that will be handling the pick up and all the paper work.

They are pretty creative

megaccino, Oct 21, 10:42pm
I got the same txt from the same person a few weeks back. Luckily Trademe had already emailed me to say a known scammer had viewed my auction and told me not to reply to any overseas mobiles, so I just ignored it. (especially since there *was* photos of the interior on the auction)

elect70, Oct 22, 12:42am
That marine guy sure gets around , been on oil rig in North Sea ,, Gulf of Mexnow St lawrencemust be in big demand .Bet hes actually in Nigeria .