Any comments or otherwise on the Ford

843, Nov 14, 4:44am
Focus please.

Older than 2006.

I have one of the best cars, Ford Telstar Mystique on the road but need to change. due to age of car [not me]

lisah8, Nov 14, 4:47am
My only comment is that if you think a Ford Telstar is one of the best cars on the road then you're beyond help.

843, Nov 14, 4:52am
Thanx for your help lisah8.

nebver expected this sort of attitude on MOTORING.

My first time here

NZTools, Nov 14, 4:54am
What sort of attitude! Thedy were being honest. On a scale of 1 to 10, a telstar is a 2.5 to 3.

lisah8, Nov 14, 4:55am
My apologies, I make the mistake of assuming you would have a SOH.

franc123, Nov 14, 4:56am
Don't take it to heart, you just have to filter out the rubbish, those of us that know the late model Telstars like yours know that they were a phenomenally reliable and long lived car.Have never heard any negative comments about the Focus either, go ahead and get one, preferably go NZ new with a good service history if you can.

mugenb20b, Nov 14, 6:33am
It's just a rebadged Mazda 626, nothing spectacular, getting old now. Focus.yeah.I'd-
get a Mazda 3. Seriously.

icemans1, Nov 14, 6:35am
don't say that, that will really upset the OP

franc123, Nov 14, 6:41am
He probably knows that already, even if he doesn't its still far less embarrassing than finding out your Holden is in fact an Opel or even worse a Daewoo.

unbeatabull, Nov 14, 6:43am
Just make sure you don't get an imported one. They seem to throw up some oddball problems and have problems that neither our parts catalogue or the country their from parts catalogue actually stocks.

icemans1, Nov 14, 6:50am
i agree, some people rope the commodores in with barinas - same badge so they must have the same engines

3tomany, Nov 14, 8:09am
the best focuses were made in germany, some in nz were made in south africa and build quality wasnt so good. you can tell the difference by the wing mirrors, german ones are electric african not. the german made focuses won a most reliable car in the world title and mexican focuses in same year got most unreliable award, same design different work ethic

franc123, Nov 14, 8:15am
Yes some of the sedan and wagon early 2000's models that were used import only can be difficult to get parts like bumpers and taillights etc for, have heard that before.

zetec, Nov 14, 8:35am
Focus is a good car in my experience. If getting the Mk1, go for 2003/04/05, if an 03 make sure its has ABS. The 1.6 is okay in manual, very easy on petrol. If a Mk 2, go for the 2 litre from 2005 onwards, hatch will almost always be NZ new, German built VIN starts with letters WFO. a mK2 Focus is generally avaialble at a lower price than equivalent Mazda 3.

843, Nov 14, 6:06pm
Thank you for the feedback.

But not convinced about the Focus.

Did not mean to be so sensitive about the Telstar, it is just that i have had it for years and been in the gge twice.Other than small stuff like tyres or servicing.even insulted the car by making it a Taxi for a while