Ford Futura .Red "fan" icon light on dashboard.. Can anyone help me with an electrical problem i have a ford futura 19

bubbagum, Feb 2, 7:11am
Can anyone help me with an electrical problem! I have a ford futura (1996 or 7)!.I have a red light showing on the dashboard it is a "fan" icon.Comes on and off while driving.Can anybody tell me what this light is for! would much appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

curlcrown, Feb 2, 7:13am
It is low coolant warning light. However it is very commen for them to malfunction and come on when the collant is not low. Check coolant level and if it is not low ignore it. The sencor is in the header tank.

fordcrzy, Feb 2, 7:16am
probably crap in the tank.

remove it and clean the tank out

nave12, Feb 2, 7:24am
That is what it will be,you can replace the sensor as the plastic float becomes brittle and cracks and fills with water so yours is probably on its way out or already gone.

jason18, Feb 2, 7:34am
Yeah mate had same prblem. Was a stuffed sensor but check coolant isnt low first

neo_psy, Feb 2, 7:39am
That seems a drastic fix.

extrayda, Feb 2, 9:38am
neo_psy - good call !

tonyrockyhorror, Feb 2, 10:05am
Pretty damned awkward to do properly too.

jason18, Feb 2, 5:25pm
Got the runs!No worries!

therafter1, Feb 2, 11:35pm
x1
Just dump it into a 2 litre icecream container or such and add a bit of antifreeze to dilute it a bit, slurry it up to the right consistency with a stick (may require a few more dribbles of antifreeze) and then tip it in lol

But in reality some of the more sensible suggestions above may be more appropriate.

mugenb20b, Feb 2, 11:38pm
But you still need a funnel of some sort.

bubbagum, Feb 4, 5:50am
Thanks for the replies people.much appreciated

grangies, Feb 4, 5:57am
Squeeze it in with one of those cake icing decorating things.