Page 1 / 3
zak1998, Nov 15, 8:43pm
What made you buy that model.

kiwicon, Nov 15, 8:55pm
twas in my price range for a manual V8 commy

skyline_guy_r34, Nov 15, 9:41pm
Was the best tow vehicle for around 3-4k. Au ford falcon

morrisman1, Nov 15, 10:14pm
I already knew the model quite well so was confident in it being a good runabout. 91 Sentra

crzyhrse, Nov 15, 10:40pm
Comfort and bottom end power, climate air & cruise control, simplicity. EF Fairmont.

gooddealz2, Nov 15, 10:54pm
I could fit in it and it filled my wifes need for some power for the school run.Price was within our budget and mileage was good.V8 Commodore.

magicmat, Nov 15, 11:01pm
I wanted a decent amount of power and was not going to settle for the Holden V8 (5litre) as the stock Gen3 is so much more powerful (though I actually kinda like the exhaust note on the 5litre a lot - more of a low down grumble). I would have liked a manual but the Mrs is scared of it as it is and she is not a big manual driver. Low K's appealed with one I chose too. VXCommie.

fiatracer, Nov 15, 11:04pm
road car: had run various quick BMWs and wanted something a little more laid back, and it's more attractive than 99% of cars on NZ roads

weekend car: because I went with my grandma to buy a brand new one c. 1972, and it had nostalgia value

club/race car: strong, cheap and tuneable - and considered one of the finest handling cars of all time

sifty, Nov 15, 11:51pm
car 1, daily - could carry the dog, surfboards and was manual.
car 2, toy - was nice blue, V8 and very tidy for age
car 3, family - late model, umpteen airbags and could fit car seats
bike 1 - large capacity, great tourer, panniers, triple cylinder
bike 2 - one of the best looking bikes of all time, a classic
bike 3 - future classic, last of the variety, two stroke
bike 4 - rare, interesting, exotic
bike 5 - beautiful, chrome tank and hand change
bike 6 - same as bike 5, old bloke selling it, rare, couldn't pass up
bike 7 - future project, interesting
bike 8 - bucket racer
bikes 9-14 to annoy the wife.

geedubu, Nov 15, 11:52pm
Came home late, had another glass, browsing TradeMe and saw a nice looking little car, woops hit the buynow button.Flew down to Christchurch & phew it was just as good as it looked in the pictures. We had a great summer drive back North with the top down. BMW Z3 6 cylinder, worked out very well indeed!

michael.benn, Nov 16, 12:03am
Haha, legend.

I got my Accord because I needed a daily for Unitec, and it's been great this entire year, no worries at all. Almost at 300,000kms.

I decided on it because A. it was $1,700, B. it was reasonably powerful, and C. Had read many a good review on their reliability.

sifty, Nov 16, 12:07am
Hahaha
Don't drink and buy.
glad it worked out ok, been close to doing the same myself.

jeffqv, Nov 16, 1:17am
Yep, not done it with a high ticket item but bought a couple of 'lemions' lol!

esprit, Nov 16, 1:39am
I got the Peugeot GTi6 because my ex had one when I was with her and it was a great hot hatch. Economical, spacious, comfortable and reliable yet fun when on the open, twisty road.

I got the Exige because, in my opinion, it's about as hardcore as you can get in a road car that's still actually a car (disregarding stuff like Ariel Atoms, Caterhams etc that don't have doors/windows etc that I don't class as cars per se) It's certainly proven to be that way!

gooddealz2, Nov 16, 1:40am
I like sifty's bikes 9-14.As good a reason as any.

mark.52, Nov 16, 2:12am
Love at first drive. It sold itself to me.

fiatracer, Nov 16, 7:04am
esprit - just wanted to say your taste in cars is impeccable. 2nd only to mine. rovercitroen comes 3rd.

socram, Nov 16, 7:21am
Had a Mk 1 and liked it, but couldn't afford brand new so bought an ex-demo petrol manual. Liked it and it was comfortable, handled and steered well, very versatile, towed really well, economical and 100% reliable so when it was time to change, moved on to the diesel version.

Had that 5 years and it was even better than the first, got a really good deal on a trade in against a new Mk2, also diese,l and it is even better on all counts!

horsepower7, Nov 16, 8:44am
r32 skyline, why wouldnt you! lol

ladatrouble, Nov 16, 8:47am
I didn't buy it,I took it to cover a debt.

iron-maiden, Nov 16, 8:56am
1997 rb25de r33 gts and cefiro, like skylines and cefiro was a good buy

attitudedesignz, Nov 16, 7:15pm
Bought my VR Holden ute because my E34 BMW didn't have a tow bar. So it was 'buy tow bar & pay someone to fit to Bimmer or buy ute'. Why wouldn't you buy another car if the opportunity presented itself lol.

alimac1, Nov 17, 6:02am
Made the mistake of taking one for a test drive. Had to have one after that.

poppajn, Nov 17, 6:07am
Had a great run out of that make previously.

twink19, Nov 17, 6:10am
metoo