Reporting an expired WOF & Car Licence

Page 2 / 2
crzyhrse, Nov 17, 10:38pm
That's for reasons of Health & Safety in employment not LTA.

kiwicon, Nov 18, 12:02am
if it was a paper road then yes this would be the case, if it is just a shared driveway then it is still YOUR property as well so they (the police) can not issue you a ticket what so ever. Just wait till your back, put a WOF on it, sneak over to their car late at night and loosen the sump plug, so when they get 200M up the road it dumps the oil and seize's their car. it important not to fully undo it and leave an oil spill in your driveway, you saw what happened to the Rena.

sanremo, Nov 18, 12:43am
What a retarded comment.

"Narking" IS karma. Karma getting back at the narked for their wrongdoing.

elect70, Nov 18, 12:43am
Tell your nosy neighbour to get a big dog up her . Only thing worse is having a cop for a neighbour Unfortunately Ihad1 a realprick ,but luckily he was only renting so made it as undesirable as possible ,owing the lawns early morning after he d been on night shift ,turning up thestereowith speakers on window sills , he got the message

crzyhrse, Nov 18, 12:53am
There was recent outcry from council wardens issuing IONs for unlicenced and vehicles not displaying current evidence of inspection on private property (dwellings). They are quite within the law to do so - they only backed down on them because of PR. I forget which council it was - might have been Wellington.

owene, Nov 18, 7:12am
Someone is telling porkies here as the police do NOT send letters about this stuff. All that they do is ticket the vehicle of it's seen on a public road.

pollymay, Nov 18, 7:19am
Wow, someone would get a new one torn if they tried that on a car I was working on. Could have a field day in garage/VTNZ carparks that issue WOFs

owene, Nov 18, 7:43am
Yer all dreaming. A WOF is not required on a vehicle that is not on a public roadway or public place.

elect70, Nov 18, 11:22pm
Supermarket operatorsown their car parks& wont tolerateparking wardens /copsgoing around ticketing cars in them. Not good for business.

crzyhrse, Nov 18, 11:42pm
Wrong.

Do you ever post anything that's correct! If so, I've yet to see it.

shuddupowh, Nov 19, 3:35am
My work doesnt have a gate at the front entrance and we drive FLs around the factory with visitors in and out all day. Highway Patrol are just up the road also and never stop to talk to us or whatever. Our FL training guy who just visited recently to retest us even said, the Police CANNOT fine or investigate us driving on our premises even if their is visitor access as our driveway has only one way in and out so its not a road. He said we can literally ignore the cops and carry on doing our work.have never yet in the 6years I'be been there had a cop come up and be nosy etc.

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 3:52am
They could, if they wanted. It's a road as defined in the Land Transport Act.

noswalg, Nov 19, 5:15am
Strange! I work for NZ's largest company, for the purposes of the LTA all forklift operators must hold a current F endorsement on their license as we treat our sites as public roads, but that is where it stops, our forklifts certainly don't have current wof's or license's so by what you are saying the police could have a field day, imagine the revenue! we have about 25 or so forklifts on my site alone.

owene, Nov 19, 9:04am
So you're trying to tell us that a private vehicle parked on private land has got to have a WOF at all times!

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 2:38pm
Yep. It's still a road.

That's how bad our legislation is written.

whqqsh, Nov 19, 5:17pm
there are some tw4ts around, I had a spare car parked at work while doing the exhuast & a few other bits for a WOF (big company big carpark) & a workmate threatened to report me because the WOF had run out, same guy decided the front tyres on my daily driver were too low on tread & was again going to report me funnily enough that one went for a WOF a week or so later & flew through, the tread was nowhere near the minimum depth just looked low compaerd to the tyre width

skin1235, Nov 19, 7:43pm
wtf, I have 3 vehicles parked here, no warrants on them, 1 with dead rego, 2 with reg on hold, 1 with no box, 1 with no diff, one with no engine
are you seriously telling me I could get ticketed for all three
my daily ride has no warrant either
- but it is a classB

owene, Nov 19, 8:35pm
Mate you are taking the wrong drugs. My private property is not a Public Road.

owene, Nov 19, 8:37pm
It's a wind-up. He's not called crazyhorse for nothing - he wants us all to start riding horses!

skin1235, Nov 19, 8:46pm
lol, he wasn't always known as crzyhourse, but did know a lot about the inner workings of the law under the other name too
If that is his interpretation of current law you can bet it ain't too far from the interpretation inherent in that law, even if it does sound crazy

jojo76, Mar 18, 7:12pm
Ive a little story to tell.a few years back i worked at a hardware store, a well known customer came in one day (she is a real grumpy old bitch.to put it nicely) and told me and other girl, that a car out in the carpark had and expired warrant and rego, and if we were going to do anything about it, we said no obviously (none of our business) she then went to the car, found it to be open and hopped in to find something to identify the owner.I went and found the owner and told him there was someone in his car! she had gone by the time i found him, and got out to his car.how f*#ken rude though, was none of her business and to get IN THE car.yes the car should'nt have been out used in the road though . karma will come back and bite her in the arse one day.