Reporting an expired WOF & Car Licence

Page 1 / 2
the_joker_, Nov 17, 7:04am
How do you do it and to who, if you can at all! Cheers.

bigjerry, Nov 17, 7:08am
Well first you need to be a complete barstad, then I suppose you grass to the rozzer's. Why's that!

p_rock, Nov 17, 7:16am
.NARK! lol.

chris241, Nov 17, 7:16am
+3 why would you want to do this anyway!

the_joker_, Nov 17, 7:20am
Easy there mate, I've been dobbed in by my neighbour, my WOF expired 5 weeks ago as I've been working in Perth since August so haven't been here to organise it. I had it planned for next week, but had a notice in post from police saying it had been noticed by them and to sort it out asap, strange considering it hadn't moved since I left. I wasn't aware you could even report such a thing.

phillip.weston, Nov 17, 7:21am
is it parked on the street!

franko171, Nov 17, 7:23am
karma wil get you nark

the_joker_, Nov 17, 7:24am
Na, we share a driveway, car sitting right outside my garage next to where she parks her car. You can't see it from the street, so I'm assuming my neighbour narked.

magicmat, Nov 17, 7:25am
Ah Joker, got wrong end of the stick there it appears! I have no idea how someone would do this, they must be pretty determined or make a habit of doing this! That is crappy though!

ginga4lyfe, Nov 17, 7:25am
How about reading the whole thread before saying something stupid!

modie61, Nov 17, 7:25am
At least they are giving you a bit of notice to get it done,is that right !

chris241, Nov 17, 7:26am
they cant do anything if its on private property

modie61, Nov 17, 7:27am
Ahh assumption. !

the_joker_, Nov 17, 7:30am
Yeah I was thinking that, but notice in post doesn't mean they actually seen the car I reckon. Not worried by police note anyway, WOF will be done next week as planned - note says 1 month from today.

dvince, Nov 17, 7:34am
Im guessing by your username that your mates put that notice in your letterbox and were ROFL around the corner as you were reading it. Am I right!

modie61, Nov 17, 7:36am
Your car rego may have been checked by those new scanners fitted to Police cars now that check rego and wof etc expiry dates and generates either a warning or a fine. What do you reckon ! Maybe they went up your drive on other business and just happened to check your car that hasnt moved for awhile !

the_joker_, Nov 17, 7:37am
Hehehe, I wish it was something like that. My mates are actually amazed anyone would go to such an extent to get one over you.

My username.that's another story entirely :)

dvince, Nov 17, 7:48am
Ah ok, sounds like dumb police work then. Either ignore or query the (false) complaint made to police. They dont like people wasting their time with paperwork.

As already stated, youdont need wof/rego when parked on private property.

bitsy_boffin, Nov 17, 8:43am
If you honestly have not used it on the road (at all, even parking it to move cars), I'd write a polite advisory note in reply to tell them that they must have been mistaken.

There is nothing to say that just because you own a vehicle that it has to be WOF'd or licenced, you don't need one of them unless you're driving it on a public road.

skull, Nov 17, 8:54am
I'd write a letter to the Police asking them to come and fingerprint your car as someone must have converted it while you were away and been noticed by them. Either that or they should tell you why they were on your property poking around a car that's been parked up for 5 weeks.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 9:02am
They only have ANPR on a couple of Hyundai H100s.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 9:07am
That's not actually strictly true. have a careful read of this:
http://legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2011/0079/latest/DLM2938434.html#DLM2938434

bitsy_boffin, Nov 17, 10:19pm
Conceivably, at least without a gate, your driveway could be a road because the public have access to it.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 10:25pm
My point exactly.

jsbike, Nov 17, 10:29pm
correct. this is why factories and the like now have to have gates to lock the public out, because if someone wanders in (past no entry signs etc, and then get hit by a forklift or something), the factory can be done for it.