Rear pads

poohbear011, Nov 18, 5:26am
anyone know the price for some rear brake pads for a subaru wrx, single pot caliper!repco website isnt that great for pricing

alan1111, Nov 18, 5:30am
Never buy repco pads jeez they are to a hard a compund. Go to BNT get a set of Bendix stealth cut pads should be $89.00 + gst

bevharris1938, Nov 18, 5:43am
Good advice , they are really good pads. Dont skimp on pads.

poohbear011, Nov 18, 5:43am
that seems a fair bit for rears, thort they would be cheaper for some reason, dont need anything flash, just a weekend car me and the wife use

a.woodrow, Nov 18, 5:47am
Dont need anything flash in the way of brakes for your performance car!!
Are you serious!

poohbear011, Nov 18, 6:20am
tru that, has decent pads on the front, 4pots, will sus out the bendix, herd good things about the ultimates

thunderbolt, Nov 18, 7:07am
Which brand of the several brands that Repco sells are you referring to!

jasongroves, Nov 18, 7:10am
Only pads that Repco sell that I wouldn't use is Silverline.
Nothing wrong with the rest.

smtownsend, Nov 18, 7:34am
Are ferodo pads ok!

franc123, Nov 18, 7:43am
Yep nothing wrong with Ferodo, I don't think they are as good as the Bendix pads re getting that horrible dust buildup on your wheels though.Definitely wouldn't recommend Silverlines, while obviously they stop OK for most drivers they score the rotors to buggery.

sr2, Nov 18, 7:59am
Pad compound 101. Choice of compound is always a compromise between pad wear, rotor wear and performance under both high and (equally important for a road car) low temperatures. What you have just described is a comparison between what is commonly described as a ???soft??? compound (good low temp operation or ???bite???, produces more dust, less rotor wear but more high temp fade) with a ???hard compound??? which performs better at higher temperatures, has less bite, more rotor wear and consequently produces less dust.Be aware that I am generalising (101!) and yes there is obviously a difference in the quality and types of friction material used by different manufactures. Hope this helps.

thunderbolt, Nov 18, 8:02am
Silverlines have come from at least 3 different manufacturers in the last few years, and for a while one of those suppliers was Ferodo.
I have heard similar things said about Calibre pads at Supercheap, which just happen to come from Bendix.
Like anything, you get what you pay for. Buy the cheapest, and you get the cheapest pad to manufacture.

thunderbolt, Nov 18, 8:04am
Which Ferodo pad are you comparing with!
Zeros!
FT!
GP2!
Excel!
TQ!
Formulas!

unbeatabull, Mar 14, 11:04pm
Only thing I can say is generally I've found Ferodo pads tend to squeak more often, even with anti squeak shims/spray/copperkote etc then other pads.

Performance wise they are on par with Bendix and other brands