Opinions Land Rover Discovery 2002

incar., Nov 19, 6:28am
Hi, i may have to travel to Hamilton to carry out a pre purchase inspection on this vehicle 420782206, anyone own one, problems etc, customer has never had one. not exactly what i would buy, any advice would be great so i could relay it to the customer cheers.

mm12345, Nov 19, 6:58am

kazbanz, Nov 19, 7:51am
Um -one or two drip trays under the one you are viewing

incar., Nov 19, 7:57am
yes i have advised against purchasing it, good report! i do alot of hunting/ off roading, i wouldn't leave Auckland in one.haha recycle the oil, cheers guys.

franc123, Nov 19, 8:04am
See the number plate!Thats warning enough, it would be funny if it wasn't your wallet that gets sizzled.Disco's and Rangerovers were never intended to be cheap transport, they are designed for the wealthy to buy new and trade on the new model in a couple of years when it no longer impresses their horsey cronies.Everyone else should avoid unless you are one of the few people that is a DIY Landie diehard and can live with and deal with the problems that arise when they get on in years.It also helps if you have parts contacts in the UK and/or are prepared to use Ebay to get stuff.

mcfc11, Nov 19, 9:16pm
And you people have owned one!

elect70, Nov 21, 12:55am
I have a S1aint no fireball but reliable as , mine used for work &pleasureparts easy to get.Unlikeneighbours 2000mitsiexceed she bought fortowing horse float .Its keeping the localgarage inprofit every month .

chris_051, Nov 21, 1:09am
I very much doubt it, they will however be the same people who will recommend a 'bullet proof' Toyota Surf that will crack a head every 50k or Nissan Pathfinder which will blow a hole in one of the pistons every year.

mm12345, Mar 24, 2:45am