SCAM FROM OVERSEAS, Bought my car buy now

Page 1 / 2
justincase5, Oct 31, 8:44am
Just had a buyer hit buy now on my 1976 Toyota Sprinter on another site and spotted immediately it was a scam, put RED FACE on him and called him a scammer like he is and the $#&%wit returns a red face on me saying I am the scammer, hopefully sella can remove him and his feedback.Beware to all those that may not be so wise, They are targeting online sellers all the time.This was the email sent after buy now used::::::::::::
I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking and i can't go to the bank due to the nature of my job, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through

Rick Smith
6B- 6D the Orchard
Blackheath Grove
London
SE30DQ
United Kingdom
+447031821632

gooddealz2, Oct 31, 11:21am
You seem awfully suspicious.Do you not think it would look good up that driveway next to the BMW Z4!.
I'm with you.Run for the hills.

trdbzr, Oct 31, 11:30am
ask him if he happens to be a marine engineer or something similar lol

suplyuparts, Oct 31, 11:36am
An spends time out at sea.or its a gift.

gtfowar, Oct 31, 6:22pm
hahaha, Sella is worse for scammers like that then trademe

tigra, Oct 31, 7:48pm
Doesnt pay to have "Buy Nows" on carsScammers can quickly ruin your auction.

yddac, Oct 31, 9:21pm
Yesterday we got a txt re our Ford Territory Auction asking about the interior condition and to email them onwalkingdall@gmail.com .
We replied because we thought it was from an honest trader called Rodney Attwood.
We have since goggledRodney Attwood and see he is on ScamBusters.
Here is the email they sent:-
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:45:11 +0000
Subject: Re: Ford Territory - Trade Me Auction
Hello,I'm satisfied with the condition, I'm ready to buy this car and will be paying you through PayPal (www.paypal.com) which is a fast, safe and reliable method of payment and i will be paying the paypal charges too. Please tell me your bottom dollar so that we can discuss further about the payment
Please Advise.

Have forwarded all info onto Trade Me.

mopar63, Nov 1, 12:26am
yea I gota txt from the same dick ,though the car i had i'd already sold to a cash buyer

bella-boo, Nov 1, 1:57am
I like Paypal, but I can see how this guy is making people very wary of using it.I only use it for purchases I make on ebay though, from sellers I trust, and have been using them successfully for about 6 years.

200sx, Nov 1, 4:39am
I got a txt message from the same guy, with the same MO. However as I soon as I saw it was a UK number I ignored it. Don't respond, don't bait them, just ignore them is my advice.

bazza102, Nov 1, 5:35am
got a warning from trademe today that a scammer had listing. upmost caution advised

kazbanz, Nov 1, 6:48am
Hey guys in NO way am I or would I discount the comments you are making.
BUTDO be aware that it ius the time of year that european backpackers and Immigrants are hitting our shores.
I have made 3 GENUINE sales of cheaper cars in the last fortnight to immigrants/backpackers.

texastwo, Nov 1, 9:36am
There is an easy solution to these offers.just state that you dont have a Paypal account and have no intention of starting one.

phillip.weston, Nov 1, 9:52am
I don't think his $20,000 super uber-cool rare 1976 Toyota Corolla Sprinter 1500cc quite fits the bill as a 'cheap backpackers car'.

kazbanz, Nov 1, 7:19pm
a 1976 corolla -Yea I'd call that a $1000 backpackers car -or fit for a demo derby.

justincase5, Nov 1, 8:15pm
And it is dumb ingrates like kazbanz that would do the deal and send the scammers money and then keep trying to get them to come pick up his 1000 gang banger backpacker cars.without sillies like you around the scammers have no one to scam.

andrea_w, Nov 1, 8:43pm
justincase5 - You know Kaz is a well respected car dealer right! I'm fairly sure he's pretty clued up when it comes to spotting a scammer.
Pays to know some facts before ya start blurting out all sorts of crap eh .!

justincase5, Nov 1, 11:27pm
Well Respected !, He hasn't gained any of my Respect yet, People in Glass Houses shouldn't throw Stones Mate, I will blurt out what ever comes to mind for those that deserve nothing more.

justincase5, Nov 1, 11:38pm
Hmmmmm Lets see now, Kazbanz Feedback reads.22 Positive, 2 Nuetral & 1 Negative.so few trades but so much Brilliant Respect already.hahahahahaha.Yeah-
Right.

elect70, Nov 2, 12:56am
Sounds like a good honestbuyer to me, why didnt you take up the paypaloffer,$ could be in your bank now . &must begood priceto beat what Toyata were going to pay . You just lostthe sale .

modie61, Nov 2, 1:12am
justincase5

Kaz is no dummy,he has a sense of humour that i think you do not have,or would appear not to have. He is a most trusted dealer all above board and legit,so lean back and chill for a minute,if you use this Message board correctly you will get great benefit from it.
N Chips.

fordkiwi27, Nov 2, 1:19am
justincase5. *rolls eyes*

justincase5, Nov 2, 5:53am
I am now rolling on the floor in laughter. I don't see many decent people in this place, mostly just a bunch of sad daffy ducks

neville48, Nov 2, 8:55am
Daffy Duck picked up a honey and took her back to his hotel room.He then raced down to reception and asked for a condom, they said shall we put it on your bill Mr Duck. He replied dont be thuckin thilly, I'd thuffocate.

hawkeye30, Nov 2, 8:15pm
^^^ Like it lol! I got an email today from trademe saying someone who had asked a Q on my auction was a scammer and they have diabled them. I musta missed the Q cause the only Q i 've got the member is still active! it astounds me how many ways people try to rip other people off!