Driving instructors.

thisles5, Nov 26, 8:58pm
what would be your estimate on the hours needed for a girl --- starting from nil experience --- to learn to drive a manual car , with a proper driving instructor.i realise the -- how long is a piece of string theory -- but just an opinion would help.thanks.

romulan7, Nov 26, 9:02pm
Depends how long it takes you to pick it up but if you have not mastered it after 30 hours then you have no hope.Some in here will say a couple hours but just look at how well they drive.lol

A good driving instructor will give you an idea how long you need after the first couple of lessons.But again I can hear the nay sayers claim they only want your money.

mugenb20b, Nov 26, 9:07pm
Less than an hour to learn to drive a manual, but it may take weeks before you get confident driving it. Just my opinion.

jmma, Nov 26, 9:15pm
Half their age into hours is the formula I was given by a driving school, just getting my girl lessons now.

thisles5, Nov 26, 9:22pm
and you say they should be able to pass thier test after 320 hrs. starting from scratch. ! just i read that in queensland they were talking about a minimum 120 hrs. before they could sit a test. ------- ps.i know !but they areAUSTRALIANS. HA! HA!

thisles5, Nov 26, 9:46pm
thats meant to be 30 hrs.

tara101, Nov 26, 9:51pm
This link will provide the relevant information http://www.nzta.govt.nz/about/media/releases/1202/news.html

thisles5, Apr 11, 2:07pm
thank you for that.